1 x MG

Frag Grandes

-Rhino

-Marshal Joined.

Heavy:375

1. Vindicator-125

2. Vindicator-125

3. Vindicator-125

My war style: I'm a conservative player, in every respect, therefore my strategy revolves around an almost Tau like ideology.... when the game permits it. I understand the greatest boon of any Templar army is their devastating assaults and when the game permits, I utilize it.

First Game: Tyranid.

The Kid took 1 hour to setup, and the game only lasted 4 rounds. I would have had a major victory, but alas, I was 2 inches too far from an objective to qualify for the major.......

He set up two huge squads of gaunts, which never moved, and held 2 of the 5 objectives. On the right side, he had 4 ravenors, 1 HT with 2 TG, massive gaunt squad, some biovores and a Zoey. On the left he had another huge gaunt squad, a winged HT, 2 zoeys and a carnefix. In reserves he had 2 Genestealer grps.

I setup using only the right side of the board. 3 Vindicators in a line, one placed ontop of a building, my lLRC sitting next to it. My other LRC positioned to assault the left side. My 2 rhinos deployed onto the objectives.

1. He starts his slow move towards me with his HT's, Fix, Zoeys and ravenors. His biovore takes some pot shots but due to 1st round Night Fire nothing gets close.

My 1. I move all my Tanks 6 inches. I fire 3 Vindicator shots into his lines. 1st Kills 2 Tyrant Guards. 2nd Kills 2 Ravenors. 3rd Kills roughly 1 million Gaunts....... or 15. My LRC's take some shots and well inflicting some wounds onto his HT's.

2. He brings in his gene stealers behind me and wrecks one vindicator. He tries to use focus shot one each of the 3 Zoeys, my pyshcic hood denys all 3. He moves everything even closer.

My 2. disembark my large crusader squad next to his genestealers. Then the LRC moves 6 more closer. My 2 remaining vindis move 6 closer. I finish off his ravenors, his HT, I shoot and assault his gene stealers and waste them.

I also Drop my drop pod into the far group of gaunts and kill like 11 with Flamer and MM.

3. He realizes he sucks, so he starts to run back into cover. He shoots a couple moar spore mines, they scatter off board.

My 3. I move my troop back into the right LRC and move 12 to middle objective. Like like 16 inches away from it....... I kill his winged tyrant with my left LRC, my Termies pop out and kill his fix with force weapon.

His 4. He tries to shoot with his zoeys some more, fails all but one, which he rolled a 1 to pen against AV14.

My 4. Move 12 more with right LRC, im like 5 inches away from mid objective. I assault with my dread into gaunts and contest his one. My vindis almost finish off his gaunts.

Game ends here due to time...

He has 1 zoey left. About 12 gaunts (6 in each). He keeps forgetting to bring in his Gene Stealers..... I've lost a vindicator........... He lost 2 HT's, 1 TG grp, 4 ravenors, 2 zoeys, 1 Fix, 1 gene stealer grp, and about 48 gaunts......

I got a Minor win because I was 4 inches away from a 3rd objective.

Second Game:

The Hardest.

DOW against Vanilla Marines. I didn't bring anything out, let him move up, then came our and put all my tanks to the right once more.

1. He sets up 1 infantry squad on each side. Then he brings out his bikes and tanks. His bikes flat out into the middle of the board.

MY 1. I bring my stuff out and take some shots. I kill 3 of his bikes. Everything is far out.

2. He outflanks 1 rhino with stern or something. The MG shoots and pops my LRC. I pile out.

My 2. I kill his rhino........ I kill smore bikes. I drop my dread into his HQ squad, and start tearing into it.

3. He outflanks 2 more units. He pops my 2nd LRC. I pop out my termies.

How this worked out is, there is 1 rhino, and 3 units sitting in maybe a 6 inch area infront of my LRCs. There is a building making it just a small alley way of death. My large crusader squad and termie squad literally encircle 2 sternguard and 1 infantry units. They get totally wrecked and I rack up some KP's.

My 3. Before the fore mentioned assault, I move my force further right, and then forward, kiting my Vindicators back from his oncoming TLLC Pred and LR coming from the left.

TBC

Congrats on your win.

And is your store Great Escape Games in Sacramento, California? I remember playing many many games at that store as a kid :down: It would be really neat to know it is still around.

Not only is it still around, it has expanded. They've moved from their location in that shopping mall near Great Wall Mongolia BBQ, to a location found just down Howe Ave, behind marshals.

It's a HUGE space, about the size of a full warehouse, literally 100's can fit in there now.

They moved away from the Mongolian? That is a mistake! They should have brought it with them :P It is good to hear that store is doing so well! I havent been there in a decade, but can remember that store pretty well. Man, awesome that they have a huge space befitting their age and prominence! Sounds like they probably host big tourneys and game days. Probably mostly for those card games I see all the little ones running around playing. Man, the old store's small 3 rooms and the main game room had some good memories!

I remember a whooping I took there by a store employee (Guard) when I was mouthing off about my Chaos reaper autocannons vs armor and my 4 wound Lord of Doom vs anything. He put that to the test in a Apocalypse sized game back then, 2k, 3 way free-for-all. An ugly venture. Guard armor reinforcing from reserves. In my DZ >.< Took like 15 hours *rolls eyes* I loved 2nd edition Close-combat resolutions cause you can honestly go get food and come back and the guy is still calculating the weapons charts.

Congrats again Aequitasx! Thanks for the update on an old standby as well :huh:

Archived