Need Some Help In an Apoc Setting

Black Talon

Recently my Gaming club has started a very fluffy campaign... THE WHOLE <deleted by the inquisiton> UNIVERSE vs. THE WHOLE <deleted by the inquisiton> UNIVERSE!

We've done a fairly good job of organising the campaign, each army has special rules (for the system wide scale we've got going) and its actually really fun.

Considering over 50 battles are in the campaign and every race is represented, I thought i'd skip the details :huh:

Heres the gist of my problem, due to very illogical playing on our part and a REALLY good bonus for 1 territory (2000 extra points for the whole system!) we've come to a very strange position.

EVERY SINGLE RACE IS ABLE TO ATTACK THIS TERRITORY NEXT WEEK!!! With 2500 points and about 15 armies still in the running we decided on an apocalypse setting with everyone. Now due to a special rule, the Imperium can all team up and Chaos can team up. So the chaos marine player and I have decided to team up, and I needed help with the army list to use, he plays death guard and can use World eaters instead, so its obviously a tally list if i want max synergy. However the mission has set objectives for each army, and the idea of massed PB's and DP's doesnt't appeal to me due to my objective, Gain control of and protect a shrine of Khorne.

The problem isn't with fluff, its with what I'm going to have to do to get there. I can't deep strike within 24" of the shrine, its guarded by what we calls Guardians (imagine superman and a bloodthirster rolled into one, not even close, lots of 10s in the profile.) Obviously PBs to kill him (gotta love poison), but there is one important little tid-bit, the shrine gives me a power called Blood Pulse.

BLOOD PULSE: Once per turn (EVERY TURN) all units on the table are hit by a single hit with a strength equal to their toughness which ignores ALL saves. However all Khorne units (Daemons of Khorne, units with Mark of Khorne) are not hit and instead gain a rule called Battle Frenzy.

BATTLE FRENZY: All Khorne units gain +2 strength and become fearless. They have the fleet special rule as well and gain a 12" charge.

Now don't say that whoever made that rule up likes daemons because there are a few other rules stupid as well. Nids get whats called THE GREAT DEVOURER, any unit which loses a combat to them is auto-destroyed and they get to bring that many extra points on next turn. We get half our units removed from the game back as reserves each turn (we want a long game)

So basically, what sort of list whould I use? Tally with my partners DG for excellent synergy, or Khornate Killiness to slaughter all enemies with Battle Frenzy?

So basically, what sort of list whould I use? Tally with my partners DG for excellent synergy, or Khornate Killiness to slaughter all enemies with Battle Frenzy?

Sounds like one hell of a epic game plan.

My first instincts are to go with Khorne, to gain a bonus from the blood pulse and not take a 50% wound every turn.

However I need more information to give you the best answer.

1) Does the Blood Pluse affect vehicles?

2) What is the toughness of those Guardians?

I ask because, even with +2S, a Blood Crushers/Daemon Princes would only be S7. If the Guardians are T8+, they're going to have a very hard time wounding them. If thats the case, then Soulgrinders would be a possible option with S10. Of course I'm sure that the Guardians will swing before them, but if you assault with 3+, you might be able to bring it down.

The other option will be Bloodthirsters. You should be S9/10 most of the time and have enough attacks to bring them down. Much more expensive, but it would produce results.

This would be a good game to spam Bloodcrushers it seems. They'll have Fleet and a longer charge range, make up for their normal slow movement.

For the small stuff, you might consider a giant squad of Fleshhounds with Karanak. Fleeting beasts with Move Through Cover and S7 on the charge ain't horrible.

Now that you mention it I probably should of posted a bit more about the guardians :lol:

Btw Blood Pulse only goes off if we control the shrine.

Note: As these are home-grown rules I don't know if they violate the boards IP posting rule, if they do someone tell me and I'll remove them. Thank you.

Anyway 10 Guardians on the shrine...

WS BS S T W I A Ld

10 0 10 8 6 1 5 10

Special Rules: Daemoic Flight, Fearless, Monstrous Creature

Guardians are affected by Blood Pulse.

To control the shrine at least 5 Chaos Models must be on the shrine and Unengaged at the End of the Native turn. (Native is the term we use for the turn where all the non-player stuff moves. Guardians, Raves, Drakes etc... we have alot of extra stuff)

As you can see they are TOUGH but have no save, hence I thought poison, they swing slow too.

Blood Pulse doesn't affect Soul Grinders or Vehicles with Daemonic Possession (its assumed its a Khorne Daemon inside), but everything else takes a strength 6 monstrous creature hit. (6+2D6 amour penetration EVEN MONOLITHS HELL YEAH)

Now because we have to control the shrine for blood pulse to trigger, we are speculating that there is going to be alot of contest over it.

My partner's World Eater list has already been written (He's going to use if I go Khorne, we are going to colaborate on Tally lists)

Its very khornate bar a single HQ choice. Now it may be small on Numbers, but with CSMs that could possibly be fearless with S8, fleet and 12" charge, you see the Khornateness.

I'll show you our combined lists (khorne) we've been messing around with.

HQ:

2x Bloodthirsters (both with unholy might)

Fabius Bile

Khârn the Betrayer

Elites:

5 Chaos Terminators (all are terminator champions with power fists and an icon of khorne)

Troops:

6x 15 Bloodletters

6x 10 Chaos Marines (all have Asp Champion, Power fist, Icon of Khorne, Enhanced Warriors)

Heavy Support:

3x Daemon Prince (all with Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Unholy Might and Mark of Khorne)

3x Defilers

NOTE DAEMON PRINCES AND BLOODTHIRSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY BECOME 12" MOVE, FLEET D6", ASSAULT 12" MONSTERS IF WE CONTROL SHRINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry bout the capitals but you have to understand the appeal of that DP!

So how do you think that would do?

You have a good force for a normal game, but I'm not sure I see the kind of units in there for taking the Shine.

T8 means that you can effectively disregard anything thats not atleast S7 for wounding those Guardians. And unless they're WS5, they're going to be hitting on 5's only.

To take out all 10 Guardians is like trying to down 20 Wraithlords, its going to take a very long time if you aren't using Titans and SD weapons.

So I'd say you could play it one of two ways.

1) Make a force that is able to take out the Guardians and control the shrine for yourself

2) Make a force that is able to survive someone else controlling the shine after they down the Guardians for you

Right now you have more of a option 2 army.

Option 1 army is going to have to stack certain things to kill those Guardians, like Soulgrinders/Defilers, Bloodthirsters, Plasma/Power Fist Terminators

Archived