World Eater Apothecaries?

Skirax

Here, I am talking about post-Istvaan V, and midway to Terra, so by now they are all frothing at the mouth with rabie- Wait, that's the Space Wolves, the World Eaters were just crazy, jeez *facepalms*

Ok, so now they're crazy. I have a small World Eater force and I'm using TF rules, but there is nothing in the entire pack that says anything about Apothecary compatability with the World Eaters. I just don't see a warrior standing there, cutting down scores with every swing, then stooping down and helping a fallen brother. Don't forget, this is mid-Heresy.

Could I get some fluff about Apothecaries in the Heresy, not Crusade, Heresy, and also opinions on whether I could do it? Cos, this is Khârn's Command Squad, and I'm using the Berzerker kit.

Hmm I think it could work, but you'd have to make a bloodthirsty killer in apothecary armour ;) . I'm not sure how Post-Heresy apothecaries look like, but maybe you can mix the apothecary kit with the berserker kit. Just a thought :P

Even Orks have painboyz, and Orks are pretty much completely bat###t.

World Eaters are crazy, but not completely bat###t. And not all World Eaters are berserkers, just like not all Emperor's Children are Noise Marines. They have troops that haven't been elevated to berserker status yet, they have support personnel like techmarines and yes, apothecaries - someone has to put machines and people back together before the next bout of slaughter.

I'd just give a standard Apothecary a chainaxe and be done with it...

and chew toys for the flight to the battle? :(

i read somewhere about a WE apothecary, was a story about a bunch of loyalists fighting WEs and the medic had to bug out with the gene seed the WEs were after...

i will try to find it and post where it is published.

edit: found it<<<apothecary's honor by simon jowett in the book let the galaxy burn>>>

World Eaters are crazy, but not completely bat###t. And not all World Eaters are berserkers, just like not all Emperor's Children are Noise Marines. They have troops that haven't been elevated to berserker status yet, they have support personnel like techmarines and yes, apothecaries - someone has to put machines and people back together before the next bout of slaughter.

Actually, all World Eater recruits were given neural implants that made them a bit bonkers, plus the khorne worship and so as far as we know, all WE are in fact berzerkers. The probably either keep slaves or find mercenaries to get them around, I even remember reading about how CSM's often "hire" traitor humans to fly their ships. The EC point is more arguable because when noise marines were first made not all EC were noise marines, then in 3.5 all EC were noise marines, and now in the current rag that passes for a codex not all EC are noise marines, but then again there are also no sonic havocs or vehicles so I take this codex with a grain of salt.

Thanks guys, I'm thinking the following kit-bash:

Khorne Berserkers, but a chainaxe? Not sure, maybe just a bolt pistol.

Kneeling legs from SM command Squad.

Apothecary backpack and left arm.

As Rain says, I think at the time of the Heresy (or at least the point when the attack on Terra has begun) pretty much all of the World Eaters were berserkers. If the cover of Tales of Heresy is correct, they even have red armour and the horns attached to their helmet by this point - really, they are well past the point of no return. They have much more in common with the chaos marines of 40k, than the members of the legion who took part in the Great Crusade.

So, I think its a difficult one. I suppose there might be a few marines who didnt have the implants, or else had them deactivated long enough to pump their brothers full of stims or give them combat drugs.

I like the responces, and I'll try and get the guys at my club to make it a house-rule. My vision is before the Seige of Terra but after Istvaan. I'm trying to make them like the picture you have in your sig, Pacific81, but with more skulls, a few horns but no bunny-ears.

The M41 World Eater list in Realms of Chaos Slaves to Darkness included apothecaries(medics) but it noted that they rarely bothered treating wounded brethren - they were just there to retrieve geneseed from the fallen.

Any on know where the whole bunny ears thing comes from any way/

It's a simplified and styled version of the Khorne rune.

Remember, to the warriors of Khorne there is no sacrificial altar other than the battlefield itself. And the only way to pray is to kill. And it's hard to pray if you carry around alot of holy symbols, and if they just hand from you they get in the way. So it's easier to just put it on your head, and it helps showing everyone else who you're really praying to. :)

TDA

So it's easier to just put it on your head, and it helps showing everyone else who you're really praying to. msn-wink.gif

Yes, including every enemy on the battlefield looking for them who would find a giant altar of khorne or some bat-wings just the ideal thing to act as a crosshair <_<

I salute you! For though our path has been long and bloody, you have served our Lord with unflinching courage and the honour or true warriors. We have seen many fall today and must remember, even as we die, that our blood too is welcome...

Harkan Ironfist (Codex CSM 3rd ed page 7)

Given this, it seems that Apothecaries doing true field-medic duties would almost be ANTI-Khorne. Best to say they have loads of stims/combat drugs to make the Berserkers even more crazy and collect gene-seed, rather than being a traditional apothecary.

Sounds like you're on a logical track angronn,

My 2c is that they must have an equivalent or else in 10k years there would be no WE left, I think the equivalents are there and must get gene-seed and give stimms to the wounded so that (like medicine) the wounded can continue to fight, then can make it back 'from whence they came' to allow the warp energy and gifts from Khorne to "mend" them during whatever the WE count as peacetime.

WE arn't crazy, they are just misunderstood CC exponents who encourage unhealthy levels of aggression to enhance their CC ability. haha. the level of hatred/anger induced though drugs and neural adjustment must wax and wane as required by the situation.

To the OP, I think you should use an equivalent, he might not mend the broken WE warrior, he might just pump him so full of 'roids' that in game terms is better than a bandage short term, but may not save the maniac in the long term (unless of course Khorne wills it).

2c

How would I show this? Do I have a kneeling down guy with a syriinge in his hand, or buy the Chaos bitz pack with the wierdo-medic pack and convert? How to, how to?

Even Orks have painboyz, and Orks are pretty much completely bat###t.

I'd just give a standard Apothecary a chainaxe and be done with it...

From what I have read all World Eaters are Khorn Berserkers, but not all Khorn Berserkers are World Eaters. aka if you are in the World Eaters Legion you are a Berserker, but other berserkers exist in other legions. I also don't see berserkers as just insane killers all the time. In battle, yes they would be insane. I think that after battle though they would be just like "regular" chaos marines.

Archived