The Heresy Books, What do the colours mean?

Capt. Tates

I'll elaborate, on the spine of each novel their is a stripe of a certain colour at the top horizontily. What does this represent? Legion has a Purple stripe so thats kind of obvious, but others have a random colour like BftAbyss, it's a dark green, darker than Descent or Fallen which is a lighter Green. Can anyone ease my curious side?

No no. The reason some books have different colorings (such as when the first book went from gold-trimmed to silver) just denotes their printing edition. Horus Rising has two, I believe.

For the rest of them, it's just the publisher's aesthetic choice, thusfar there's no official pattern to the coloration of the embossing.

Fallen Angels is green-striped though... and the events happen before the Dropsite Massacres covered in novels published a long time ago.

The original trilogy was red, Eisenstein, Mechanicum, the two DA novels and Tales of the Heresy are green and Fulgrim and Legion are purple. Can't really see a pattern here.

Thats what i was originally getting at guys! There's no pattern it's so random. It annoys me. Well i guess Solid Zaku kind of answers the question, printing editions and what not but i'd really like to know what BL were thinking with such random colours. I'm getting a bit OCD on this i think.

• 4 months later...
ive always wondered that! are books matched to other books?

my mechanicum book cover must have been cut wrong, it has no coloured band?!

Not Necessarily. The colour of the band could just be black- the colour of the robes of the Dark Mechanicum......

Archived