Where did the World Eaters recruit from?

Gree

There is a bit of contention concerning whether any marines or not actually came from Angron's homeworld. Remember, the Emperor removed him from his army of runaway slaves and left all of them to be killed to a man by the planets rulers - perhaps sewing the seeds of bitter emnity that Angron felt towards the Emperor. Is it likely he then would have wanted marines recruited from this ruling class that had destroyed his brothers and sisters? We have little information to go on, other than the hint that the legion moved on after being re-acquainted with its Primarch.

In After Desh'ea, Khârn reminisces about the training grounds of 'Bodt'* - although it is unclear whether this is a place on earth or a world which was brought into Compliance during the great crusade. If we agree that no other marines were recruited from Angrons homeworld (which, interestingly, we still don't know the name of - Desh'ea is a place, not the planet) then we have to assume that most of the legion originally came from Terra and then various worlds along the legions path during the Crusade.

* Ive spent some time searching t'internet for hints as to what this might be and not really found anything - A Belgian surname, a place 'Bodt corner' in Maryland US, Bodtask in Sweden. If anyone has any other idea, I would be glad to hear it! :)

Pre heresy, they almost certainly recruited in a fashion similar to contemporary fleet based chapters, so from a variety of planets with which they retain some ties and on which they probably have garrisons. Post heresy, the World Eaters probably sanction clones from Fabius and induct various nutjobs from other warbands and legions who consider their old band of ravening psychotics to be too peace-loving and mentally stable.

The Alpha Legion infiltrate the homeworlds of loyal marine chapters and plant subconscious triggers in the population, waiting for the kids to become marines and then activating the triggers turning those marines loyal to the Alpha Legion. Those guys do everything the hard way :)

The Alpha Legion infiltrate the homeworlds of loyal marine chapters and plant subconscious triggers in the population, waiting for the kids to become marines and then activating the triggers turning those marines loyal to the Alpha Legion. Those guys do everything the hard way :rolleyes:

Well they do that 'now' but not pre-heresy. Pre-Heresy it's said that Alpharius never revealed the location of this homeworld, it mentions the legion recruiting from many hidden bases that they've established on lots of seperate planets (which may or may not include his homeworld).

Alpha Legion recruited everyone in the imperium :)

ya tell me about it ....i don't care if they have cookies :tu:

anyway i would think that they (WE)got their recruits from terra as for AL .............................. :mellow: i honestly don't know maybe planets they conquered

Pre-Heresy it's said that Alpharius never revealed the location of this homeworld

That's almost certainly apocryphal. One presumes that the Emperor knows where he picked them up, and recorded it in the official records of his travels, as he presumably did with Angron. He had an entire crew and honor guard to witness these events. Would he really mindwipe all of them to cover such a trivial secret? Most likely, the records were lost in the destruction suffered during the Siege of Terra, and these stories are fanciful post-hoc justification for not knowing what happened. What happened to the Emperor's personal battlebarge? It would have a copy of the log.

Pre-Heresy it's said that Alpharius never revealed the location of this homeworld

That's almost certainly apocryphal. One presumes that the Emperor knows where he picked them up, and recorded it in the official records of his travels, as he presumably did with Angron. He had an entire crew and honor guard to witness these events. Would he really mindwipe all of them to cover such a trivial secret? Most likely, the records were lost in the destruction suffered during the Siege of Terra, and these stories are fanciful post-hoc justification for not knowing what happened. What happened to the Emperor's personal battlebarge? It would have a copy of the log.

Except the Emperor didn't pick Alpharius up on a planet, Horus "captured" him when he attacked a fleet horus was leading.

Except the Emperor didn't pick Alpharius up on a planet, Horus "captured" him when he attacked a fleet horus was leading.

Ok, I got that wrong. Still, Alpharius attacked a fleet in interstellar space, nowhere near a planet? That's odd.

Unless he had it blown up... (or so I've heard) As for Alpha Legion, I'd say any world they had operatives on.

Supposedly, a theory going around on other forums is that, since the Alpha Legion were so sealthy, and they used operatives to cripple the enemy first, they wopuld only commit a small force to battle, keeping casualties to a minimum.

In the latest fluff (from the BL) its now says he never publically disclosed his homeworld... So its possible he did so privatly but to whom I do not know :'(. Also its likely that the Alpha legion was mainly terran because it was the newest legion (and the last one to get its primarch) and new recruits would have been picked up on the way.

& yer Alpharius lured Horus to an astriod field (I think) where he launched his attack.

When I say lured horus I'm not saying he was specifically going after horus (or even that he did so purposefully although as its Alpharius I have to think he did), just Horus turned up because of piratical raids. Also Alpharius wasn't really captured, he boarded Horus' ship and made it all the way to the control deck where Horus' shot him in the head... except Alphariys dodged and then Horus goes... hmmm this is a super fast leader of men and a big fugger at that (even if small for the primarchs) and recognised him as a brother.

From what I recall, Alpharius seemed to have some kind of control over a number of systems (to which he took Horus), but always denied that any of them were his homeworld.

One presumes, this being Alpharius, that however he had gotten cooperation on these worlds, he never told them anything either.

Archived