Techmarine training fluff...

Hello all.

I'm looking for information and/or fluff about the training process that Techmarines go through in order to advance from Brother Marine to full Techmarine, including selection criteria, rituals, training regimen, etc etc.

Do such sources exist? If so, where can I find them?

Thanks very much!

Ok I might be able to help.

The techmarine starts out (usually) as an apprentice of another techmarine {from Ultramarine books}

if the apprenta is suitable, most techmarines (if not all) go to Mars for training. IRRC, this training is 10 years. (But it might be more or less)

Of this, it is a combination of:

theological studies and various rituals (tought by techpriests, very important part of studies)

mechanical, electrical and combat engineering studies (not sure who teaches it)

maitenance; combat and erm...non combat ;) (field mechanics and armoury staff)

They learn combat mechanics under the command of a techpriest (rank of enginseer or magos)

Once returning to the chapter, combat engineering under the command of their senior bretheren

they might learn futher chapter techniques - e.g. IH techmarines will learn bio-engineering for bionics

Thats all I can remember at the moment.

For information, its in various places. The WD/IA article on techmarines and iron hands. Insignum Astartes, one or two articles on the mechanicus. There are a few passing referances in Mechanicum about techmarines. Also in the (un-offical) AdMech codex from a few years ago.

Other than that, I can't remember reading anything about this training. As the current codex states, techmarines are secretive about most things, AdMech policy and training is obviously kept secret.

I hope this is of some use.

Archived