A movie for warhammer?

I heard some rumors that gamesworkshop is making a new movie of the horus heresy. I dont know any more then that but They are reprinting the books that are two years old for the movie and weta workshop who worked on the LOTR is involed and making space marine armor.Im so psyked if its true. anyone can anyone tell me if this is true.I would go dressed as a space marine.

I rather doubt it's true, sorry to burst your bubble. However if GW did a film the HH is what I love them to do it on, but I doubt it would be anyway near as gory as the books. Or the main 12 years etc audience wouldn't be able to see it

So, Eldar! You come here, spouting your trickery and misdirection? ;)

Seriously though - I've heard it on good authority that there is some kind of animated movie in the works. The people involved in it have been warned under pain of death (or perhaps litigation) concerning any leaks, so the guy I know (and whom I have a level of trust with) can't really say anything. But, there is most definately something which is being made. The only information I do know is that it involves Ultramarines, but if its anything to do with pre-heresy events is anyones guess!

That's still missing the point... WHO said it... Where.... If it's just a store manager or something, it's pretty much false. Someone at that level wouldn't know squat. They just don't.

Unless it's from someone on the Dev Team or something similarly high up, I wouldn't count on your rumor being true. But you';ve still not told us what position in the company this fellow has, so that still leaves us at a loss.

At one of the Games Days last year (I forgot which one), the Black Library spokesman said there was the possiblility of a direct to DVD film being released at some point this year. He included the words 'maybe' and 'possibly' in this sentence more times than you'd believe possible though, so it's a long way from certain. I believe he may have also indicated it included Space Marines. Do some searches in the news and rumours forum, I imagine something will come up.

That's still missing the point... WHO said it... Where.... If it's just a store manager or something, it's pretty much false. Someone at that level wouldn't know squat. They just don't.

Unless it's from someone on the Dev Team or something similarly high up, I wouldn't count on your rumor being true. But you';ve still not told us what position in the company this fellow has, so that still leaves us at a loss.

Someone who is involved with Black Library, thats all I will say. It corroborates with brother Hastatus's comments concerning straight to DVD and marines (specifically ultramarines).

I'm not saying it's false, but Black Library isn't even an official division of GW (per se), just an exclusive publisher.. I highly strain to see how a publishing/printing company employee would know if Games Workshop is making a movie. Not unless they were at the very top, and GW were turning to BL for screen play, in which case, I don't think said movie would end up being worth a watch.

*shrugs* Up to you whether you want to believe it or not. I've been told it by someone I trust (notice I did not say that they were an employee of Black Library) and has been on the ball in the past, if you choose not to believe me or think its a bad idea thats a completely different topic of discussion! Someone asked if there were any plans for a 'movie' and I replied with information which I think to be credible, thats all there is to it really :D

Well I f you wanted to try and keep continuity with in the universe BL is where you would go to get the screen play written. As for why smurffs again, well I don't know but if its is set 40k the chapters are far more insular and don't mix as much as they did pre HH.

even if they are planning it, it sounds too much a like a Halo movie.

Something so many fans, fanatics, and action lovers would love! But due to it being so awesomely expected the creators cannot possibly live up to the expectations, and the producers fight over everything, so the movie is scrubbed.

I'd love to watch and buy a movie! But I'm thinking that if its only going to be at DVD level it will either be really short, or just not even close to the level of awesomeness that is wanted. I'm sure everyone here would love to watch a movie in similar styling as Dawn of War intro movies. But if they aren't planning on a large blockbuster breaking production they aren't going to put that much effort and work into it.

I want there to be a movie, of true 40k Badassery! but truthfully I don't think it'll happen the way we want it to.

Well, all I know is that the trailer for the console game were pretty badass... I'm planning on getting it. Ironically enought though, they said they're not gonna make it for PC.

The only thing that might come would be an animated film and even that is a long shot.

GW will never do a feature movie due to legal issues.

To sum it up the movie industry have more expensive lawyers then GW has.

Exactly, GW love money so much unless they get most of the profit they won't do squat! Since Hollywood (or whoever the UK equivalent is) loves money just as much as GW, neither will ever get to see a movie. They just love their money too much!

Oh and you want to know why the Ultramarines would be the center of this movie? You really want to know? 2 words "Developer's pet!" The Ultramarines are GW's everything. GW wouldn't dare make a single C: SM based box set without the boys in Blue on the front. The redeemer only got lucky because its undeniably Salamanders! Until GW finds new fanboys we'll just have to continue to shun ze smurfs. Although if Blood Ravens get a codex "The Developer's pet is strong in you young Blood ravens!" I could see that since Blood Ravens rake in dough, and that's just the stuff falling off the dump truck full of money.

Like I said, GW is too similar to Mr. Krabs. They'll never let Plankton(the movie makers) get a hold of their Secret Formula(the Ultramarines and their Universe. Because it is a their universe.)

You know thew have already worked with New Line on the whole Lord of the Rings thing and the roumer did state the weta was doing effects. Maybe Peter Jackson dicided to take a stab at it. After all for the longest time everyone said LOTR was undoable as live action too.

I hope this won't pan out. The last "movie" they made about a Dark Angel and an Inquisitor walking around a cardboard pyramid was a total unintentional comedy. Also if I ever see a straight to DVD movie that doesn't make me despise humanity, I will eat my shirt.

The straight to DVD movie rumour has been knocking around for a year or so now. To be fair I can honestly see why they'd do Ultramarines because they are the poster boys of the Imperium love 'em or loathe them and it'd make perfect sense to have them be the subject of the movie itself. If Space Wolves were the subject matter for example then anyone new to the hobby would think that all space marines were norse warriors. Ultramarines are about as standard codex as you can get.

The idea of a movie isn't that far fetched to be honest, they attempted to make Blood Quest into a CGI film a few years back after all. You only have to look at the Dawn of War intros to see what is actually possible if they were determined to do so.

I think it's probably got more to do with control of IP rights at the end of the day, if they were ever to make it in house then there wouldn't really be much of a problem.

Archived