Have you already used Furies?

Lord Eltor

Hi all,

during the last weeks I thought to use furies in my mono-Nurgle-non SC list.

They are in fact a unit that has no real alternative.

The unit that comes closest are the screamers of tzeentch. They have one attack less but Melterbombs.

One use for furies: attacking vehicles.

With 3 attacks on the charge and a chance of glancing the rear armour makes them useful for this task.

This is obviously better done by screamers with meltabombs, but hitting a fast moving vehicle on a 6 with one attack a model is bad! I cant judge this.

The other use is anti-infantry.

In comparison to plaguebeares they are hard hitting with their 3 attacks on a charge. Plaguebearers in general wont have a chance to attack.

In my army they will get tested end of next week. Do you already have experiences?

Ohhhh dear. I know what your going through. One day I was in my local GW store and spotted a box fo furies for $60 (before the price increase.) I laughed at the employees and mocked games workshop, who the hell would buy 10 crappy units (I thought they where crappy, never had a chance to use them at this point, but they just looked bad rules wise), that where metal, for $60? I went home and looked at them at GW store, and noted that GW no longer sells them on the website (they still sell the metal blister, but no the box.) Being a collector and a gamer, I went back to the store next chance I had and bought them, as they where the last of Furies are the ones you see on your shelf at the local store. So I deiced that if I had them, they should not go to waste (As I think they still look cool.) I played one game with them, and deiced to never use them again in and any serious list or any game I wanted to win.

In that one game, there first actions was to charge and kill a ten man group of ork boyz, they held the same numbers and the furies got to attack first at a Str matching there T 4. I didn't have to worry about a +6 armor save protecting them. After the combat had ended, I had only killed two boyz and only had four furies left. The next turn only one or died and rest of my squad was destroyed. I must say, trading 150 pts for 18 pts was one of the worst moments in my Warhammer life.

I have 12 converted daemonettes that I use as furies....so cheap! Anyway i find them useful for quickly getting to and locking up units like marine devastators, and fire warriors until my daemonettes squads can get to them. Yeah, I know seekers are better for the points. But furies are T4 and S4, and can go over obstacles rather than around them. They as add diversity to the army, and they just look cool.

Wouldn't they be good just for providing back up for your flying MCs? I mean... sure their stats suck and all, but I can see a swarm of them following a winged DP about the table and assisting with tying up or soaking wounds for the heavy hitters.

I saw this on Tyranid Gargoyles ounce. They used see throu plastic maybe 1-2mm thick and painted on a little bit of detail most was peeling off but you could do less detail and get the same effect. Tabletop was harder to see but up close looked ok.

That nearly is it! Mine will hopefully still look a bit different! I might make wings of thin wire -- close to no wings, more like only the "grid" inside insect wings.

But this is not the topic now! I will surely post another thread for this!

I can see you pulling it off with some thin styrene rod and plastic weld, but using actual wire would likely require soldering and still would not be very strong or light.

Archived