Death Guard HQ Choice?

Crazzy

I'm working on a Pre-Heresy Death Guard force, and I'm using the C:SM to make the list. Now, I'm wondering, is there any Chapter Tactics that just...make sense for them? I've considered using Lysander, but there's just something that irks me about him and the Death Guard. The rest of the army consists of 4 tac squads in Rhinos, a 5-man termie squad in a Land Raider, and two dreadnoughts..It's a 2k list, and I've got 200 points to spend on a HQ choice.

Suggestions?

Well Lysander makes alot of sense actually- Gives them Stubborn, and if you convert it up a bit he can use a Powerscythe.

Of course, this works best if your doing them once they found their primarch.

I'd agree - Lysander's bolter drill works well for the Death Guard with their focus on infantry. The fact he's in terminator armour fits with the use of it by higher ranks, eg Typhon (I'm sure someone somewhere has converter a Typhus back to his pre-nurgle state).

Mortarion wasn't above using Rhinos to move his troops around. I mean, if it was up to me, to represent the DG's abilities, I'd give 'em bolter drill, but I can't particularly do that, eh? Fluff sometimes has to be at least a little sacrifices to provide playability.

Hrmm... of course, I could say the same thing about Kantor- as hes still stubborn, and the +1 A gives them an effective "true grit" feel that I for some reason associate with the Death Gaurd.

• 4 months later...
Dont know if your still wanting a HQ choice but, I would go with BoLS Age of Heresy Campaign book. Sure it still uses 4th ed codex, but hey, you get traits again! Just clear it with your opponent. Also make it interchangeable, like say I fun garro out of the BoLS book, but my opponent won't allow me to use it or my 4th ed codex, no biggy, now garro is a capt w/relic blade :)

Archived