+Artwork+

Askren

I actually don't do most of my work on full sized comic boards, as they're rather expensive compared to regular white paper, and they're very hard to scan because of their size. I tend to save them for projects that I want to be able to work on a larger scale and/or fit more detail, or when I'm doing comic pages, as you can see in this little snapshot I took of some of the random comic boards I had lying around my room. The foremost, to keep inline with the board rules, is page one of a Space Marine/Chaos Space Marine comic my girlfriend wrote last year, which I illustrated. I would post the rest of it, but it's a bit...risque, and rather hard to explain to someone on a board such as this why. My girlfriend has...interesting tastes.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5224/aveostill0102.png

The first few sketches in this thread are just done on plain white paper. As for being behind the times, I'll admit I am. I haven't had the spare money to pick up a decent tablet, but even if I did, I'll always love the feel of holding a real pencil.

Well the fact that you work large at all is really cool!

And whether you use regular white paper, comic boards or digital methods, your work speaks for itself.

You clearly have some real talent for illustrating so your work is not compromised by the medium it is presented in.

As for not affording a Wacom, I bought an intuos 2 in 2002, I think it was. I payed around 860 U$ for it back then, with a bit of extra gear on the side.

Expensive, sure! But Im still using it today and its one of the best investments Ive ever made as far as computer hardware goes.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it you never go back! Plus it helps prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.

Definitely worth it!

As for not affording a Wacom, I bought an intuos 2 in 2002, I think it was. I payed around 860 U$ for it back then, with a bit of extra gear on the side.

Expensive, sure! But Im still using it today and its one of the best investments Ive ever made as far as computer hardware goes.

Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it you never go back! Plus it helps prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.

Definitely worth it!

I'm actually looking into buying the new Intuos 4 Medium, as it seems to suit me quite well. My current tablet is a tiny old piece of junk that's about 8" wide, which is far too small for me to use, since I need to lean my arm when I draw. So the 14" Intuos is a lot easier to use, and not that bad at $369.

As always, thanks for the kind words. As long as someone enjoys what I do, I'll always have a reason to keep doing it, so I truly thank you all.

I promise I'll post something tonight. It's been slow going, but I've been working on something that I will share as soon as I can.

Archived