HH - Nemesis

Brother Subtle

Is it an Eversor or an Colexus assassin on the cover? Looks like a combination to me... if it's an Colexus the book may be about the Dragon... haven't read the entirety of Mechanicum yet so I don't know how it ends and if this would hook up good to that book ... :S

• 2 weeks later...
Is it an Eversor or an Colexus assassin on the cover? Looks like a combination to me... if it's an Colexus the book may be about the Dragon... haven't read the entirety of Mechanicum yet so I don't know how it ends and if this would hook up good to that book ... :S

It's an eversor, I know 'cos I have a model. As for the storyline:

After Istvaan V, Horus declares outright war against the Imperium. In the shadows of the Emperor's Palace, powerful figures convene. Their plan - to send a team of assassins to execute the arch-traitor Horus and end the war for the galaxy of mankind before it's even begun. But what they cannot know is that another assassin is abroad already, with his sights firmly set on killing the Emperor.

And as for the Grey Knights; they were founded some time after the heresy. Their geneseed is taken directly from the emperor, so that rules out them being founded from another chapter; whose geneseed derives from their primarch's. It has been stated in an (almost) official capacity that Garro went on to found the inquisition, along with the surviving Death Guard and Luna Wolves marines aboard the Eisenstein. Loken died. It was stated as such by Ben Counter that Garviel died on Isstvan III after being virus bombed, orbitally bombarded, then stomped on by the Dies Irae Imperator Class titan.

I hope he survived it, and maybe another author will somehow resurrect him (by saying he didn't die etc), but to me, it seems highly unlikely.

yes It would be really nice to have some Night Lords fluff since all we have now for a novel is Lord of the Night.

Ignoring the CD that came out that actually had Curze in it.

I agree with Sons of Horus, but there's also the short story in Heroes of the Space Marines, and the upcoming Night Lords trilogy. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted before, but heyho!

Linky

Now, I don't know about you, but that looks like a Calexus Assassin, which leads me to think that my Nemesis = Nemesis Force Weapon idea is right after all :D

I'm not so sure it seems to be a bizarre amalgam of culexus, eversor and calidus traits.

The face is undoubtably similar to a contemporary Eversor skull mask, but the gauntlet on the right looks a little like a Calidus phase blade as well as the neral gauntlet of the Eversor temple. The, I hestitate to say 'optics' on the helmet look a little like the Animus Speculum of the Culexus assassins.

just my opinion though...

James

A quote from another thread:

I'm looking forward to the HH books and Nemesis sounds very interesting from what i've read (Found this on the waterstones website)

After Istvaan V, Horus declares outright war against the Imperium. In the shadows of the Emperor's Palace, powerful figures convene. Their plan - to send a team of assassins to execute the arch-traitor Horus and end the war for the galaxy of mankind before it's even begun. But what they cannot know is that another assassin is abroad already, with his sights firmly set on killing the Emperor.

Also i'm liking the sound of SoulHunter and the Space marine battles series.

I can't really think how'd write a battle between several assassins, as they're not as straight forward as normal battles, 'cos assassins are used to hit and run kills, aren't they?

some people believe that the assasin on the cover is a pre-temple assassin and is supposed to be what the temples are based on. makes sense to me.

I can't help but agree. This was my initial impression.

But, bearing this in mind, this assassin must have been something influential to have made such an effect on the Temples-to-be. We know now it's the inter-assassin war between loyalist and traitors. We also know that Horus didn't die by assassination. This leads me to think that this character, if the cover art indicates a single character and not some fusion of a multitude of them, was some kind of uber-assassin which had managed some great feat against the enemy assassins or other important and influential characters.

Of course, speculation speculation speculation! :devil: I'm drawing from one idea here. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What other tale in the horus heresy era has an assasin as such a central character that they warrant their picture on the cover?

Answer , none .

It could only be a Night Lords novel .

What they are referring to when they say 'Nemisis' is going to be the interesting part .

Having read and loved both 'Lord of the Night' and 'Soul Hunter' I absolutely cannot wait for this one .

What other tale in the horus heresy era has an assasin as such a central character that they warrant their picture on the cover?

Answer , none .

What they are referring to when they say 'Nemisis' is going to be the interesting part .

Having read and loved both 'Lord of the Night' and 'Soul Hunter' I absolutely cannot wait for this one .

Nemesis isn't a Night Lords novel. Remember, Curze is killed a while after the Heresy itself.

Glad you liked Soul Hunter, though - Odds are that I'll be doing the first Night Lords HH novel.

Answer , none .

Nemesis isn't a Night Lords novel. Remember, Curze is killed a while after th Heresy itself.

Glad you liked Soul Hunter, though - Odds are that I'll be doing the first Night Lords HH novel.

How wonderful, now we know all about what it isn't ;)

Well if A D-B says so then thats the end of that .

Also on a fanboy note , the ORDO MICKUS have recently given their seal of approval to 'Cadian Blood' .

Well done that man .

P.S whoever invented the word 'fanboy' is in dire need of a hefty kick to the groin .

Answer , none .

Nemesis isn't a Night Lords novel. Remember, Curze is killed a while after the Heresy itself.

Dude, sweet.

Assassin wars I can live with, especially if it's written with similar complexity to Legion.

Archived