My Emperor's Champion

SKeeM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/chazws/100_0386.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/chazws/100_0384.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/chazws/100_0383.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/chazws/100_0385.jpg

What do you guys think about bone shoulder pads?

Well painted!

i love the bone shoulder pads i did that on all my models = )

what i find strange about the emperors champion is that in his war gear list it says "bolt pistol" but his model dosen't come with one, so if you have a spare one i suggest painting it and gluing it on just in case you forget about it in a battle, also i think you should make his armour a little more ancient a little more old, after all its been around ever since the Horus heresy when it was first given to Sigismund. so perhaps give it a watered down brown or flesh ink wash, and maybe a light metal drybrush for battle damage, also because the black sword is a power weapon try this technique to make it look more powery.. lol

the second method would work great for the black sword

"ThirtySixNights' how to paint power weapons:

there are two ways to paint power weapons either make them entirely blue or paint blue edges over their original base colour, be it black silver or red.

for the first method basecoat the sword with regal blue, then paint the sword 50/50 ultra to regal blue leaving regal around the bottom of the sword, then use pure ultra blue for heavy highlights around the top and edges of the sword, then do thin highlights with space wolves grey, finally right at the tip of the sword do incredibly fine but still noticeable highlights with skull white. if you have the time and skill do a lightning pattern across the sword with ultra blue and then paint in the middle of the pattern getting progressively smaller, starting with space wolves then finishing with skull white.

the second method is the quickest and works great on powerfists and lightning claws. start by heavily dry brushing the specified area with regal blue, then progressively do a lighter and lighter drybrush in this order, 50/50 ultra and regal blue, ultra blue, space wolves then skull white.

remember to practice these methods on a test model or on a piece of paper before painting your models. for perfect results"

hope that helps = )

keep us posted with new pics if you decide to take hold of some of my tips :)

what i find strange about the emperors champion is that in his war gear list it says "bolt pistol" but his model dosen't come with one

Actually it does come with a holster to put in his waist, with a pistol inside it. You don't assume holsters are one of those hidden secrets from the Dark Age of Technology the Imperium can't figure out how to use... do you? :P

what i find strange about the emperors champion is that in his war gear list it says "bolt pistol" but his model dosen't come with one,

It's on his right hip.

there are two ways to paint power weapons either make them entirely blue or paint blue edges over their original base colour, be it black silver or red.

There are actually 1,000 ways to paint power weapons. But, your milage may vary. :P

It's on his right hip.

I can't believe i never noticed that!

You don't assume holsters are one of those hidden secrets from the Dark Age of Technology the Imperium can't figure out how to use... do you?

No i don't lol.. but is there these dark age of technology things that actually exist that the imperium can't quite get a handle on?

On a side note i think they should make a new emperors champion model because the current one looks rather boring... he needs something that really makes him stand out.

• 3 weeks later...

Great Skills fella!!! If i could paint half as good as you i would be a happy man.

Anybody feel the same as me that the Emperor's Champion model looks a bit feminine. I dont know why but i have never liked the current model. I dont think the model does the character justice. i would expect the Champion of a Chapter and the Emperor to be more.

The Armour of faith dont look like Artificer Armour and the Black Sword dont look that great either i think it looks a little plain.

just my opinion you may or may not agree.

cheers

"You must understand the fundemetal concept that opinions are like belly buttons. We all have one, but they dont hold much water"

Archived