Whats your biggest anti-DP threat?

Redbaron997

What do you loose your DPs to more?

A bunch of lil attacks (gaunts, basic CC, Bolter fire) that would make the MON better?

Or a few big attacks (MLs, Lascannons, PFs) that would make MOT better?

This would be for a standard Winged Warptime prince.

I think (I mostly use lord) my gets more wounds from hvy weops and plaz, so MoTz would probably help more. But I never give him it, always just use unmarked (when I do use DP). Keep him cheap, when/if he dies...he dies.

I tend to lose him to heavy bolters/autocannons etc but as the others have said, I keep him unmarked to save points. Heck at 1500 or less points I usually don't even give him warptime as he is still pretty good without it with his high WS and S.

I mostly just mop up tacs or ranged squads with it. I fight my opponents main force and specialits with the bulk of my army while my DP kills his way through their support, and unsupported squads. I usually stick to fights i know he's going to win quickly and let him wipe or run off as many units as possible.

I mostly just mop up tacs or ranged squads with it. I fight my opponents main force and specialits with the bulk of my army while my DP kills his way through their support, and unsupported squads. I usually stick to fights i know he's going to win quickly and let him wipe or run off as many units as possible.

That's pretty much what I do with my DP or lord. I don't stick them in a tough fight if I can help it, just totally smash weak or shooty units.

That's pretty much what I do with my DP or lord. I don't stick them in a tough fight if I can help it, just totally smash weak or shooty units.

Yeah, usually he lives unless i'm getting tabled or the opponents send something high powered after him. Then he dies but he'll have distracted a unit that is probably way over his points value.

Neither, 'less you play Cults.

If he has Nurgle, then he is certainly aimed at with high str weapons, which bypass T6.

And when he has Tzeentch he is aimed at with lower str weapons, if possible, to wear him down.

He will die anyways if showing up too early as he is too big threat to ignore, 'less there's something even scarier, so better make it count.

I6 isn't always saving your butt, and when that situation comes at hand, you dearly wish your I was higher (well, the same applies to other marks too..). I7 has saved mine many times over and again, striking down that precious handful and cutting enemy's attacks to half.

After all, it's only 5pts and take warptime too to guarantee ultimate killyness. When you hit enemy lines, hit them hard.

Ofc all cult marks have their functions, but they just cost quite too much.

What do you loose your DPs to more?

A bunch of lil attacks (gaunts, basic CC, Bolter fire) that would make the MON better?

Or a few big attacks (MLs, Lascannons, PFs) that would make MOT better?

This would be for a standard Winged Warptime prince.

Well if you have a Land Raider or a Defiler, you can often get the best of both worlds.

Park your DP behind the vehicle and it should present enough cover to gain a 4+ save, then you can take Nurgle and have T6 with a 3+/4+ save.

Having said that, I look at it this way. Against small arms I'm already T5 with a 3+ armor save, thats not too shabby for stopping Bolters or Pulse Rifles and such. Those weapons also have a shorter range, so typically if they can shoot me, I should be able to charge them in the next turn.

Against Krak Missiles or LasCannons, I'm relying on a 5++ save since T5/T6 won't make a difference either way. For my money, going to a 4++ save seems like a significant increase against most of the long range weapons that I'd really fear.

I6 isn't always saving your butt, and when that situation comes at hand, you dearly wish your I was higher (well, the same applies to other marks too..). I7 has saved mine many times over and again, striking down that precious handful and cutting enemy's attacks to half.

DPs have I5 base?

Archived