Extra Armor Vs Demonic Possesion

Azulz

So which is better on a regular basis? I usually go with Extra Armour but should I just go with Possesion? Should I make my decision on what army Im playing against or which is consistently better?

I would say with the current codex we have, Extra armour for Rhinos, Predators, Dreadnoughts.

Daemonic Possessed, I would only take it for a Vindacators now so I can keep on the move & fire. Other wise it will see a bit of a weaste, for me personial in a game I'd aim to stop the Vindacator from fire it weapon that me/it one less heavy weapon per turn if you get Shaken.

Daemonic Poessessed remove that.

If it was back in the 3.5 days I would have said other wise (miss my four Predators with Daemonic Possessed :) ) But now I purely stick with extra armour on the like of my Rhinos.

IP

Land Raider = either one is viable, depending on if moving or moving/shooting is more important

Vindicator = D. Possession because you need to be able to maximize the number of shots you can take

Everything else = not worth it in my opinion

DP for Rhinos when inside them you havve a very expensive assault unit you need to get to grips asap. Otherwise extra armour is fine although 5 points is not such a difference.

Some say a predator with DP is nice because it is simply very difficult to take it out and more if you know your predator will be a fire magnet. I'm not a fan of this but I can see the point.

WHy would you ever take Possession on a Rhino? Unless you've equipped it with a lot of weapons or plan to sit and shoot out the top extra armour is fine..

Vindies need possession,

Predators, I'd say EA, though I haven't used them since the last codex.

LR's I'd take EA.

DP for Rhinos when inside them you havve a very expensive assault unit you need to get to grips asap. Otherwise extra armour is fine although 5 points is not such a difference.

Extra armor- you can always move unless immobalised, shaken will stop you from shooting.

DP-you can always move and shoot as long as your not immobalised and still have weapons.

So the ONLY advantage of DP is that your twin linked bolter can now fire at BS3 when you would otherwise be shaken. 5pts is a bit much when all your getting is to fire a TL bolter when your shaken, and everytime you shoot it is now at BS3.

DP is GREAT on vidicators. BS isn't a big deal, but being able to always move and fire that cannon is a great thing.

Me. EA on dreads(I only run cc dreads now), EA sometimes on rhinos. LR gets either, but normally just EA. Preds get nothing. Vindi gets DP.

Well i am a fan of DP on rhinos for one reason. Since the release of 4th edition the "Mech" armies have arisen so now you can take your melta wielding CSMs and make mobile tank busters or if you wanna get real strange throw a havoc launcher on that bad boy and not care! Just my humble opinion.

I used Extra armour for the first time ever last evening and I have to say I really needed it.

I was playing against Guards and they poored some heavy firepower in them but all those glancing 4's or penetrating 2's they rolled just faded away lol

They just kept going towards there line :lol:

Thanx for the tip Chillin ;)

I find i just can't spare the points for either. If my rhinos are getting shot at, they either make the cover save or they are dead anyway 90% of the time. It also isn't an issue since i have enough armor saturation (2 defilers) that my 2 rhinos are secondary concerns for my opponent. They've usually deployed my guys and done their job by the time my opponent can spare anti tank from the defilers to target them.

I see possession for a rhino being more or less an attempt to abuse the rhino's ability to repair its engine early in the game. Naturally meaning you use it as cover for your more expensive vehicles or firepower units with a role in mind thats greater then the vehicle's primary role.

With that said, I have seen a rhino work well being cover for 3 obliterators, and would have done very well if it was possessed, the decent situation would have lasted longer.

Archived