Battle Damage / Chipped Armour

Levett

Thats really cool... it must of took you all of 2 minutes to think of that reply!! Some of us actually enjoy painting decent models, rather than taking a knife to them constantly..

Let us try to avoid any personal attacks against each other because of differing opinions on techniques.

Various techniques to show particular things are useful as it can provide anyone with alternative avenues to explore. I'm sure several members of the B&C have probably tried to use a painted battle damage technique vs a physical one.

Levett's tutorial is very handy and useful and i'm there will be people who will make use of it.

i have another way... take some citadel clippers and make a scratch and paint it black! it would be so much easier than that!

no offense intended, but taking a pair of clippers to a mini and simply painting the scratch black is a quick and easy result that maybe acceptable for LOW QUALITY table top standards. but the tutorial levett posted is a procedure used by PROS and some of the BEST MINIATURE HOBBYISTS IN THE WORLD inorder to produce HIGH QUALITY MODELS AND MINIATURES.

but anyways, big thanks to levett for this tutorial. follow the steps accurately and you'll be one step closer to having awesome looking minis

• 5 months later...

Battle damage is brilliant, I first paint the areas i'd like to have chipped with chaos black, then go over those ares with charadon granite.

Paint the middle of these areas with boltgun metal, and give a slight scorched brown glaze (really watered down wash).

You could get away with a chainmail highlight after that, and you're done!

The link was dead so I thought I'd post my version to help!

Archived