Defiler fighting Platform

heretic??ME??

Gonna pick up a defiler kit but not to keen on the Torso. So How about mounting a fighting deck on top of a battle cannon and adding 4 marines armed with daemon pikes to count as the 4 DCCW. Leaving 1 as interchangable for Heavy flamer carried by a marine.

For modelling purposes center to the deck will be a shrine/sarcophagus.

I didn't like the boxy look either so I made a Defiler that looks sorta like a smaller Brass Scorpian.

What I did was attachted the Battlecannon on the very front, added the little stand which the torso goes onto, and then attachted the Reaper Autocannons on either side of that, heavy flamers on the underside. Doesn't really work for trying to add in the extra close combat weapon options but it looks better then the standard Defiler imo.

The only problem is the WS3.

I might use cultists instead and have a chaos cult leader/Apostate Cardinal on a throne.(this deals with the original torso height) A sorta evil 'version' of the Inquisitor lord Karamazov model. Going to put a fantasy cannon low to the front.

Yeah, the Ballistic Skill and Weapon Skill are poo, but it hits at Strength 10. And a Defiler fills so many roles at the same time. plus your oppenents will be terified of it, shoot everything they have at it, thus sparing your troops.

just posted pics of my first Defiler here.

and I like your platform / cult leader/Apostate Cardinal on a throne, idea for my second.

Archived