Yo

Mutt-Man!

Just to please a friend I'm here to check out the addition to B&C. It looks nice from what I see. I don't remember if I have been here before since it's been a while.

Small intro, I used to be a big chaos marine guy back in the day. These days I only play daemons, tyranids and orks.

Daemon army is nurgle based.

Epidemus, inside a unit of 20 plague bearers with Icon and Musician.

Five units of nurglings all maxxed out. I know mean right? They count as nurgle daemons, if anyone argues with me I tell them that the rule of opposing god-related characters joining them is against the rules while proving me right. I had that argument too many times.

Three daemon princes all nurgle and noxious with breath.

Great Unclean One with breath.

To hell with monoliths, I kill just 10 models and all my horde attacks wound on 2+ making it easy to get 20 for real death dealing. Making people want to fire on epidemus and his bodyguard of 20.

No matter the army I always bring epidemus, that 20 unit he sticks with when they deep strike and as many nurglings and princes as I can manage.

On the un-related note my tyranids are being revamped because of the new codex arriving in a year. My orks became a horde shoota force with lots of power klaws.

Feels nice to see a non power armor section replace the dead lost and the damned ronin. Hope this one stays here. Later.

Power to the plague god and all who rot in peace.

.'O

O-O

Corpse. I'm going to make you regret this.

Daemon army is nurgle based.

Really? I couldn't see past all the green.

I had that argument too many times.

No rule says any daemon is a daemon of their patron. No official rule except in the name and they did that wrong according to RAW. So your wrong.

Power to the plague god and all who rot in peace.

Your switch to nurgle happen to be my fault? I bet it is.

Corpse. I'm going to make you regret this.

Right, your turn. Roll them dice and make me regret this.

Just to please a friend I'm here to check out the addition to B&C.

Full of yourself as always.

>

These days I only play daemons.

Fixed it for you.

Get on AIM punk.

Hummm… You two seem to have an interesting gaming relationship.

Aside from the banter, do I understand that there’s a debate as per whether or not Nurglings are considered , “followers of Nurgle (i.e. any Daemon of Nurgle, or model with the Mark of Nurgle, both friends and enemies) anywhere on the table.” C:CD, pg 52. and/or, whether or not Nurglings can join Epidemus as an IC attaches to a squad?

Also, you may want to read the threads at the top of the forum concerning Chaos Daemons as a supported army at the B&C.

-OMG

Interesting.

There is a three way to go about proving nurglings are nurgle daemons. Damn it Corpse. I'm going to kill you next time I see you, making me repeat myself I wish I saved that email you..... ;)

Daemonic Rivalry states that Furies cannot be joined as they belong to no god. RAW

Rivalry also says that no unit belonging to one god be joined by a IC of another. RAW

There is no indication other then the fluff area of the rules to indicate where a daemon belongs to a specific god.

There are no rules saying "This is a daemon of khorne" for example.

The special characters, Daemon Princes and Nurglings have no "Of God" suffix to their unit name. "of Khorne" for example.

This means you must refer to their fluff page reference, which by RAW has rules referring to the unit making it a rules page.

This is where you get their ruling of which god they belong to, their fluff reference pages.

To also add, the stats page does not include "of god" suffixes where you read their stats.

That also points to the ruling that the suffix is not a part of their unit name.

Damn you corpse I know you saved that email, I explained it better to you why don't you be a pal and copy it here? I know I'm missing a few steps in this rules lawyering.

And the fact that the core of their proper name “Nurglings” is Nurgle doesn’t seem strong enough to establish the relationship? How about their subtitle on C:CD: pg. 42, “Mites of Father Nurgle.” If none of the fluff matters how about, “Nurglings can also carry the Palanquin of a Herald of Nurgle (as explained in the ‘Daemonic Steeds rules on page 76).

Failing all that would a visual aid help?

gallery_15218_535_75798.jpg

Not sure what else to say about that one. -OMG

I knew this would rial up the mutt. haha

I just did that to tease him because he has a bad memory sometimes. The last part of the email was something about general referencing all models to the deity by fluff and RAI which covers the RAW gaping hole or whatever. I didn't save the email, sorry.

Archived