You vs ?

Lord Kallozar

Hey everyone, just thought i would make this completely random topic for the fun of it lol. Anyway, say you was a commander of whatever (Space Marines, Imperial Guard etc etc) and you had to battle against one of the chaos legions, which legion would you least want to fight and why?

Personally, i wouldnt want to go up against the World Eaters! I think they are the most scary and badass of all the legions. Fighting against the servants of the Blood God, you KNOW that death is upon you and that your murder will be a brutal one!

Death Guard, all those diseases and a swarms of flies... and pus, and goo... and if you get even nicked by one of their weapons you know your going to die slowly and painfully...

Death Guard, all those diseases and a swarms of flies... and pus, and goo... and if you get even nicked by one of their weapons you know your going to die slowly and painfully...

This.

Death Guard for pretty much the same reasons. Disgusting things!

Sons of Horus/Black Legion simply cause they are the best Legion and you will lose cause they send in the Speartip to take you by the throat :(

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Word Bearers are the strongest legion! Our Primach is still alive n kicking!

I wouldn't want to face Death Guards, they are nasty and bad smelling.

Emperor's Children. I thought that was pretty obvious.

You are likely to die against any of them.

Iron Warrios will shell you to death... and if you live walk up and put one in your skull.

Alpha Legion, yes you won't see it coming, it will likely also be painless.

Black Legion, they are just going to kill me.

Death guard... flies, yea they are gross, and sure diseases can be painful, but in the end they just want you dead, worst case senarior they won't stop you from blowing your own head off.

World Eaters. I'm going to die, I'm going to get chopped in half, there will be blood everywhere. A chainaxe from a marine is also likely to cleave me in half, it will be painful but for a short time.

Emperor's Children. They aren't going to kill me right away, they are going to take the gun I had that extra bullet in, then they are going to do bad things to me. Very bad. I could be alive for days being tortured, maybe weeks, when we figure in warp space... i could be tortured for eternity.

I will gladly eat a shell from an IW basilisk before being captured by the EC. I will gladly get chopped in half by a bezerker who will drink my blood afterwords then have to live through that pain for eternity. Give that bezerker his 2 seconds of joy, 2 seconds of joy for Kharne is better than eternity with Lucius.

I'd also say Death Guard. The thing is... Even if you survive an engagement with them, the chances of you being infected with some sort of contagion are too high to release you back into the general population or the services of your army, so more often then not they're going to execute you anyhow. It's a lose-lose situation.

Well when you think about it EC is nasty to fight but also keep in mind who is defender and attacker? Imagine attacking an nurgle infested planet. Reminds me from Souldrinkers omnibus when they attack an nurgle daemon world. Kinda nasty to attack a fotress that is living.

Word Bearers could be nasty to face. Sure they will simply kill you / sacrifice you to the gods. But facing them means meat walls of cultists and daemons who just are sent in to soften you up and get you tired then Word Bearers come in full force and strike you hard.

If you face down one of the Legions it's really a given you're going to die if you're anything not as tough as an Astartes. However, I'd really hate to fight the Emperor's Children for the reasons mentioned above. They didn't fight in the Seige of Terra, they were busy finding civilians and somehow making them into drugs. My idea of fun isn't being slowly tortured to death and then made into some bizzare drug likely made from my hair and teeth ;)

Sons of malice.

I ain't fighting no emo suicidal kiddos! ;)

Sure, I won't have to shoot a single shot but meh... Then I'll be executed for slacking off whilst under "Attack".

Lose-lose and worse than death guard... Executed for no reason whatsoever...

Cheers!

Emperor's Children. I thought that was pretty obvious.

You are likely to die against any of them.

Iron Warrios will shell you to death... and if you live walk up and put one in your skull.

Alpha Legion, yes you won't see it coming, it will likely also be painless.

Black Legion, they are just going to kill me.

Death guard... flies, yea they are gross, and sure diseases can be painful, but in the end they just want you dead, worst case senarior they won't stop you from blowing your own head off.

World Eaters. I'm going to die, I'm going to get chopped in half, there will be blood everywhere. A chainaxe from a marine is also likely to cleave me in half, it will be painful but for a short time.

Emperor's Children. They aren't going to kill me right away, they are going to take the gun I had that extra bullet in, then they are going to do bad things to me. Very bad. I could be alive for days being tortured, maybe weeks, when we figure in warp space... i could be tortured for eternity.

I will gladly eat a shell from an IW basilisk before being captured by the EC. I will gladly get chopped in half by a bezerker who will drink my blood afterwords then have to live through that pain for eternity. Give that bezerker his 2 seconds of joy, 2 seconds of joy for Kharne is better than eternity with Lucius.

I agree with the above statements.

The only thing thats worse then getting captured by the Emperor's Children is the Dark Eldar.

Even then, its a toss up I'd say.

Thousand Sons. Few things are more terrifying than an army of super human warriors adorned in power armor with demonic energies coruscating about their eyes silently marching towards your lines while their commanders casually raise their hands exploding, imploding, combusting, and agonising your brothers in arms. See: Necrons.

Yes, I also picked TS to give them some love.

If you're facing NL, AL, or WE you will die by blade or gun; no worries.

Deathguard, well...I'll put on my gas mask and hope for the best and do what I can to avoid bolt rounds.

WB/IW will probably enslave me for their hideous labor projects. I'll die of malnutrition or Imperial guns anyway.

Black Legion will probably gather us up and kill us peicemeal with a chainsword execution. Quick, no worries.

Emperor's Children...I don't know why everyone is associating beat with EC but I'd more readily fear being obliterated by ripples of bass than being beat.

Renagades don't count...there are only the original 20 founding legions in my eyes. Sorry guys.

Be easier if I make this army specific.

Mine VS Enemy

Imperial Guard VS Death Guard - obvious reasons health care and cures are limited.

Nurgle Warband VS Eldar (Uthwe to be direct) Being the chosen of Isha bearing her true mark, they cure diseases merely by coming into breath's contact.

Eldar VS Tyranids - I never remember to bring soulstones on my vehicles to take all those damn stuns, and the idea of being unable to forsee their future is worse than fighting an enemy that can see the future.

My assorted Chaos(Combined) VS Orks - They have no reason to waste resources against orks and its just a tarpit to their objectives in any mission. (Lost Roleplayed Campaigns because of these buggers more than once)

Tyranids VS Necrons - No point, its a tarpit, no bioresources to consume. Just a tarpit like above. Tyranids will fight the crons anyways because there is resistance.

Orks VS Daemons - The daemon armies strip the souls that would go to gork and mork when the orks die. Orks don't care who fights as long as there are fights, but when daemons start stealing from their gods then there is a problem.

Daemons VS Necrons - The only weapons that daemons cant heal from normally are necron weapons and warp based weapons(like wraithcannons). They lose their collected soulpower and heal very slowly from these wounds because of the nature of what they are. Instead of 2-6 years, it's guessed that it takes a hundred years. (Dematerializing and having your body scattered around the warp causes issues)

At least thats what I think my worst enemies are. Win or lose, its the long term effects that make and break an army even if they escape successfully.

Ok i gotta admit i definately see where a lot of you are coming from in terms of the Death Guard and the Emperors Children. But i think that the Thousand Sons would scare me the least to be honest (not that i wouldnt be wetting myself at the thought of being zapped to oblivion anyway lol)...

I don't remember Uthwe being Isha's main followers, seeing as there was only 1 Craftworld with the history that Isha even survived, the rest of the Eldar don't really notice.

Also, she teaches mortals how to cure father's diseases, but I don't recall the Eldar having the instant ability to cure a plague that reduces them to gellatin or turns them into a zombie.

I don't remember Uthwe being Isha's main followers, seeing as there was only 1 Craftworld with the history that Isha even survived, the rest of the Eldar don't really notice.

Also, she teaches mortals how to cure father's diseases, but I don't recall the Eldar having the instant ability to cure a plague that reduces them to gellatin or turns them into a zombie.

Isha is immune to dying but not immune to being infected by nurgle's diseases. Isha uses no daemons so her power is not divided. Just like the Necrons, her power is sent directly to her followers, with no daemons.

Diving into old warhammer fluff to represent her since there is no real fluff in 40k other then saying that shes "alive". The ability to instantly kill someone with a disease. If you flip that 'coin' the ability to instantly cure disease is the opposite effect. If one would breathe nurgle's rot, then its perfectly reasonable to say one breathes instant cures. Just reasoning.

Archived