Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Devil Dog

Today I had a 1250 point game against a friend of mine who plays salamanders and I thought I'd write up a battle report! We decided to play a game with 2 objectives and no special deployment (he just set up all his stuff and I deep striked in)

At 1250 points my list was:

Herald of Slaanesh with 10 Daemonette squad

10 Bloodletters, 10 Plaguebarers, 10 Horrors, 3 Flamers

2 Soul Grinders with Phlegm and a Hide/Might DP

At 1250 points his list was:

Vulkan He'Stan with 5 Assault Termis in a Land Raider Redeemer

3 Tactical Squads in Rhinos

I was very happy because my Daemons outnumbered somebody for once!

FIRST TURN:

I go first and get my preffered wave of Plaguebearers, Horrors, Soul Grinders and Flamers. Fairly good DS with the Plagueberaers landing on target, Horrors scattering 3 inches off course, Grinders slamming down on his flank and the flamers hitting home behind the Raider. My shooting sees a Rhino Immobilised by a phlegm, the Raider stunned by another and the flamers strip off a flamestorm cannon.

His turn, the 2 rhinos which can move cruise towards the objective my Plagueberaers have landed on and the Tac squad in rhino #3 jump out ready to fire on my flamers. He'stan and his termis stay put so far. His shooting sees the remaining flamestorm roast a flamer while the Tac squad unload into the remaining 2, byebye flamers.

Objective count: Daemons 1, Marines 0

SECOND TURN:

My Daemonettes and Herald become available and enter play, homing in on the Plaguebearers icon and blocking off the rhinos. My first grinder moves past the LR towards the Rhinos to help support the Daemonettes while the other advances on the Marines who killed the flamers. My shooting sees the horrors kill 2 marines and a phlegm kill another 4, the other pleghm misses spectacularly. Assault phase sees the grinder engage the remaining marines and wipe them out.

His turn sees the LR rumble forward and drop its assault ramp so Vulkan and his termies move to assault my horrors. The rhinos drop their cargo in front of the daemonettes and onto an objective. His shooting sees 2 tac squads shoot at my daemonettes and wipe out all of 2 (terrible rolling here). He flamestorms a few horros before Vulkan and his Termis assault them. Amazingly not only do 8 horrors survive the onslaught, they kill a terminator before the Thunder Hammers even kick and bring the squad down to 4 horrors.

Objective count: Daemons 1, Marines 1

THIRD TURN:

My Bloodletters and DP become available and drop in close to Vulkan and his boys. Most of our stuff is packed in close so the obly thing which moves is a grinder, moving towards the raider. The shooting phase was quite remarkable with a pleghm killing 8 marines from 1 squad and the other scattering 8 inches from it intended target blotting 3 horrors, Vulkan He'stan and another terminator out of existence. During assault my Daemonettes and Herald charge the 10 man marine squad and rend 4 of them to death while 2 more die from failing armour saves, the marines swing back and kill 2 Daemonettes. One soul grinder assaults a rhino while the other moves into the LR. Long story short, rhino wrecked, LR wrecked, me happy.

His turn sees the 2 remaing marines from 1 squad charge into the daemonettes and they along with their 4 brothers from squad #2 are killed. the remaining termis weather the horrors attacks and wipe them out.

Objective count: Daemons 1, Marines 0

FOURTH TURN:

What turned out to be the final turn of the game was just my forces moving against the remaining termis. With a Bloodletter squad, 2 grinders, and a DP into them, they died a gruesome death.

All in all it was a very fun game with some uncharacteristically dangerous shooting on my part.

Thanks for sharing this battle report! Your list is a lot different to what I usually play (I'm a big Daemonzilla fan - GDs and DPs all the way for me), so it's really interesting to see how these other units fare. Sounds like your 'Grinders did very well indeed! Now, if only I could get hold of the models at a cheap price!

Archived