Arch Magos Veneratus Scraecos + Army

I want to make the army that Arch Magos Veneratus Scraecos attacked Alaric with in the Grey Knight Omnibus. There are decent descriptions of the majority of the army, and I think I could easily use bits from the necrons to flesh them out with the claws. But aside from the conversions which are going to be imensely fun...

Found an un-official codex from Tempus Fugitives. Looks pretty good too. Being that it is un-offical I'll end up needing to mix the two Dark Mechanicus codexes so that I can field the Data Demons and shock troops as well. I only glimpsed at the codex.. looks really well writen.

Anyone have any ideas on how to model the extensive bionics that an Arch Magos Veneratus would have?

Going to end up green stuffing the majority of this army and making molds of the pieces I make. Such as the serpent like lower bodies of the assault troop hunter programs(demons).

Another thing I was thinking about doing was using them as a "counts as" force with the Daemon's Codex.

Comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Best regards from the Fang,

Wolf Lord Durgann

Yeah, the fugitive boys do some great work, actually have my fledgling army in front of me now...

I've been a bit stumped on how to go about making an Archmagos Veneratus myselfwhat I was thinking to do for mine was to combine the dreadnaught and sentinel kits together. Use the dread's torso as the archmagos' 'body' and the sentinel legs for the arms somehow. Probably expand on the dread's legs with some plastic tube/rod to make him suitably LARGEHUGE and worthy of its clasification as a monsterous creature.

Archived