60 Marine bodies in 2000 points

minigun762

Is 60 bodies enough to steamroll through most MEQ firepower (assuming they're in Rhinos naturally)? Typically you'll spend about 1500 points on that many scoring units, which is alot but still gives some wiggle room.

Not saying you can play sloppy, but does it give you enough durability to weather most storms and still be able to claim objectives?

BAAM! 60 Marines and 10 Termies and a Termie Lord. Ha Ha. I made this list long ago for a Horde WB army, but I have found that the Heavy Support is needed vs many things.

Chaos Lord @ 150

- Terminator Armour

- Daemon Weapon

- Combi-Melta

10 Terminators @ 360

- Icon of Chaos Glory

- Chain fists x2

- Combi - Meltas x2

- Heavy Flamers x2

CSM Squad (10) @ 235

- AC with Power Weapon

- 2x Flamers

- Icon of Chaos Undivided

- Rhino

CSM Squad (10) @ 235

- AC with Power Weapon

- 2x Flamers

- Rhino

CSM Squad (10) @ 255

- AC with Power Fist

- 2x Melta Guns

- Rhino

CSM Squad (10) @ 255

- AC with Power Fist

- 2x Melta Guns

- Rhino

CSM Squad (10) @ 255

- AC with Power Fist

- 2x Melta Guns

- Rhino

CSM Squad (10) @ 255

- AC with Power Fist

- 2x Melta Guns

- Rhino

Total: 2000

Depends. Are they in rhinos? Are they plague marines? By "mech firepower" are we talking a tac blob with some heavy support or are we talking chaoszilla?

Yep, they'd be in Rhinos. Different variants of the typical CSM squads, Flamer/Melta and dual Plasma.

Plague Marines would be doable, but considering that you can buy 10 CSMs for the price of 7 Plague Marines, the overall effect would be slightly less (42 PMs vs 60 CSMs).

By MEQ firepower, I meant the typical focus in most army lists that revolve around killing MEQs by the handfuls, stuff like Star Cannons, Battle Cannons, Plasma etc etc.

My assumption is that the remaining points would best be spent on long range tank busters, to handle skimmers and other transports that are faster then a Rhino squad.

Archived