why would the word bearers worship slanesh?

hummus

It just occured to me yesterday but why would the word bearers worship slanesh?

Its a god made by a xeno race=)

if they do would they also worship the laughing god or Isha?

They wouldn't worship only Slaanesh, as Word Bearers are the epitomoe of Chaos Undivided.

As for it being born of a Xeno race, I don't think that would matter. First, I'd suspect that its not common knowledge (outside the Eldar) that they created Slaanesh.

Second, even if it was known, Slaanesh is a Chaos warp god first and foremost, which is more important then its origins.

Lastly, the Eldar gods are always depicted as being very much different and separate from the Chaos gods. Plus since they were almost all killed off, it wouldn't make sense to worship dead gods (unless you're a member of the Imperium :P )

As minigun stated they are the epitome of Chaos Undivided.

Also to my understanding Word Bearers consider the worship of any one god a type of heresy as they see Chaos as an inseparable pantheon, although the dark apostle leading a Word Bearers host may decide to use the favour of a particular god or gods to his advantage in battles.

Although this is very open to debate.

Lastly, the Eldar gods are always depicted as being very much different and separate from the Chaos gods. Plus since they were almost all killed off, it wouldn't make sense to worship dead gods (unless you're a member of the Imperium :D )

I know in myth Khaine was shattered and each piece of him is an avatar, but I see similarities between Khorne and Khaine (waiting to be strung up for this blasphemy) which would also explain one of the reasons why Khorne hates Slaanesh so very much despite the given reasons, I also like to believe it because it makes the Eldar ironic, hating manifestations of the warp if they were to have been actually worshiping one since the dawn of their civilisation

Zealot, there are many arguments for reasoning behind that. I tend to favour the one that Khaine was a Greater Daemon of Khorne that got a little too... uppity, so to speak.

But there are all sorts of arguments from Khaine is Khorne to Khaine is a completely independant god.

Archived