Alpha legion question

Guyver3x

I am attempting to make a diorama of Alpharius Omegon for my mates birthday and was wondering if anyone knew (as I have neither the time nor the inclination to re-read Legion at the moment) What their weaepons were pre heresy? If details were lacking, I was going to go with a CQ weapon and a different pattern bolter (stalker, mentor etc) each. I am not looking for maximum fluffyness, as this is not for playing, but would love a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks

Andy

Well that's the thing, they switch armour so much in the book...

The cover of Legion depicts Alpharius (actually Omegon) upon his arrival on Nurth. If we're to assume that this is Alpharius's personal suit of armour, it's not very ornate. The novel describes the armour as the latest model baleen-snout version (or something along those those lines) which I took to mean MK4 Maximus armour as it has sort of a snout look to the helmet and would have been brand new at the time of the book. The cover artist took a few liberties (as most do) with the design as it has a few elements of MK5 Heresy armour, but this could have been done to make it stand out a bit.

Omegon's armour is described as being almost black. That's sort of a problem as "almost black" isn't a new shade of Citadel paint. I guess you could assume that's it's a shade of blue or purple that's darkened to be almost black. It doesn't say what type of armour Omegon wears, although it's probably Mk4.

Alpharius: Gladius (short sword), knife, Boltgun, Mk4-5 armour, purple/dark blue

Omegon: Boltgun, Gladius, knife, Mk4-5 armour, Black/night blue.

Both changed armour alot but this what I imagine them like when together.

both look the same beside the color of the armour..(that's actually a main issue :D)

boltgun and gladius their weapons from the combat scenes in the book..

I'm building them for my pre heresy AL and alpharius will also have bare head while for omegon I still should choose a helmet..

any idea?

for omegon I'll paint him black and highlight edges in purple while alpharius will be that purple shaded in black ink..silver and green trims will stay somewhere..

The Alpha Legion all looked very similar, from what I can remember, and Alpharius/Omegon only stood out because they were taller and copper-skinned. They didn't tend to have much individuality in armour and weapons from Battle Brother to Brother, save for the stealth squad dudes who wore black armour.

Unfortunately that makes a diorama much less interesting if everyone looks the same :lol:

If you really want to blow your friends mind, give them a diorama of ultramarines and then say that he is alpharius and that you're really omegon. Except in actuality the wood base of the diorama is alpharius and all along he was just a ham sandwhich. I think I could write the next alpha legion novel.

Archived