Bolter, Bolt pistol, and land raider

Void Stalkers

ok, kind of a silly question but,

if i have regular chaos space marines modeled with a bolter, do they still get the attack bonus for having a bolt pistol and ccw?

also a couple more questions

i have seen references to people using 6 land raiders in one list, how does that happen?

is a 8 man sonic blaster noise marine squad, 7 plague marines, and 2 marine squads in rhinos with meltas and flamers and a lord with plaguebringer too many troops for a 1000 point game?

thanx!

1) They get the extra attack.

2) In a Daemonhunter/Witch Hunter army, Inquisitors and Inquisitor Lords can take Land Raiders as dedicated transports, and thus they don't take up any FOC slots. I suppose theoretically a DH army could field 7. Black Templars are better at this, though: virtually every unit in the codex can take a dedicated LRC transport! In a large enough game, that's up to 14 LRCs! But at that point you're playing Apoc, so I guess it doesn't matter.

3) That depends on if you have anything better to take. To me, CSMs are a pretty solid unit, and Cult Troops are basically Elites that score.

is a 8 man sonic blaster noise marine squad, 7 plague marines, and 2 marine squads in rhinos with meltas and flamers and a lord with plaguebringer too many troops for a 1000 point game?

You can never have too many troops with chaos in a list. At 2000 points, there is a good chance I am maxed out with six troops and possibly even throw in lesser demons for a 7th troop choice. Aside from the new lame SW codex, we have the best troops in game hands down.

hrm... i get the land raider issue now! thanx!

ok, so if they have a bolter modeled on them they still get the attack, but if modeled with a ccw and bolt pistol do they get to fire the bolter normally?

i know, im kind of ignorant on this :D

if the 10 man squad got dropped, should i go with 10 havoks with 2 missile launchers, and 2 heavy bolters, or a defiler and maybe a predator with heavy bolters and an auto cannon?

either way, thanx for clearing those up!

Regular marines would still have the bolter if modeled bp+CCW. Most of mine are modeled with a mix of the 3 weapons, some just bolter, some bolter and ccw, some bolt pistol and ccw, some bolter and bolt pistol. The mix gives lots of modeling possibilities.

I don't think the havocs would help that much, the defiler/pred sounds better.

Archived