AL Terminators

WarpWhisper

Tossing out a lexicanum link.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Alpha_Legion

I found it, pre-heresy section.

Whilst known to have possessed Terminator and 'stealth' squads (who appear to have worn blackened or dulled armour), the majority of the Legion appears to have armed and equipped themselves in a similar fashion unless tactically imprudent. The Alpha Legion were known to operate behind enemy lines and even mingle with enemy civilian populations. In such situations they were apparently able to pass unnoticed with a combination of appropriate dress and psyker mind-clouding.2

Tossing out a lexicanum link.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Alpha_Legion

I found it, pre-heresy section.

Thank you very much Corpse, for answering and taking the time to look for me :yes:

Unfortunately I think in this case then, it seems the info on AL Terminator armies is a piece of misinformation. I've read Legion several times, and no where do I remember it saying that the AL were the first to use an all Terminator army. In this case, I think lexicanum have created a paraphrase, that has been worded badly, and subsequently interpreted in a way that has created this myth.

Unless anyone else has something to add?

@WarpWhisper:

I had seen the same claim about the "All-Terminator" Alpha Legion previously. I've never seen it mentioned in the Index Astartes article or in "Legion."

The only place I can think of it might have come up is in one of the Horus Heresy artbooks, which I don't have. But I've never seen anyone else mention this. I seem to recall asking one of the people who you quoted where he got his information (jeske) but I don't think he ever responded.

Considering AL are potentially the chaos legion to snatch enemy supplies through lies and deceit could grant one rogue company more then enough terminator suits to make a termi army.

Though, I think the black legion would have more suits, and even the iron warriors may more then likely have more.

Archived