SB's Chaos Army WIP

sword brethren

I love these.

I never really liked the silly antena on the zerkers heads and wondered is it possible to make some look cool have the same feel and still be zerkers.

Yes it is!

Nice work brother!

And your Khârn is fantastic, love the mega spikey death crozius :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys, stuff is being ordered, next up - count as plague marines

a little back story

as much of the chapter turned to khorne seeking a greater abillity in combat, the need for bionic enhancment reduced, the 3rd company though had other thoughts, they kept their bionics and even fasioned tougher armour.

though the rest of the chapter now saw khorne as their god the 3rd company maintained that they would not be using any of these new blood crazed recruit that the chaplain had raised from scouts and seeked a meeting with him.

much was discussed but in the end the 3rd company got their way, they were to provide mobile fire support both close range and long range. their next task, to literally follow the squad they were assigned to and prevent them from being overrun.

they immediatly showed promise as the most tactically intelligent and the best with their boltguns. for them this was a new beggining, they represent this they seized the best equipment on offer from whats left of the chapter forge and whats left of the enemy on the battle field.

they carry forth re-enforced armour and flash grenades to prevent close combat damages as much as possible. known within the chapter now as the Fire Fight 3rd they are split in half. half carry melta guns and plasma guns, the accompany bezerkers to the fight and make sure they have support fire from close by. the others formed devistator squads, all armed with powerful long ranged weapons they ravage squads and armour from distance.

thats basically what will be my count as plague marines, heavily armour close range fire support squads. the rest of the company will form havocs.

what do you think?

oh no!! does that mean ill have to face count as plague marines? my lasguns do pretty much nothing as it is!

i love the idea, i cant wait til you start them. i asume thats why you ordered steam knight heads and re-enforced shoulderpads and plasticard then?

hope it goes good!

i have the colour scheme for The Fire Fight Third, the count as plague marines for my my renegades

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smsbeta...amp;spr2=533B1C

i used the imperial one as it has the right re-enforced armour.

and a pic of how the champ will look.

gallery_38604_4022_570534.jpg

i was on a train when i drew it so excuse the quality

• 2 weeks later...

ok so ive been working on the fire fight third for a while but i still need stuff before i start putting pics ups

but i do have something to add, i couldnt be bothered to wait for all the parts so, here is a leg

gallery_38604_4022_251100.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_485391.jpg

try to guess what horrifying khornate engine will use ths to tear towards the enemy spraying brass on unfortunate imperial forces.

a cookie for whoever guesses

... did i give it away? ^_^

just looks like a defiler to me, you will have to do better than that to scare my guard!

looking great though, i love how you make your models look dark and sinister even though you use silver which it bright.

looking forward to blowing that leg right back to the warp!

just looks like a defiler to me, you will have to do better than that to scare my guard!

looking great though, i love how you make your models look dark and sinister even though you use silver which it bright.

looking forward to blowing that leg right back to the warp!

you didnt get it, nobody even guessed except storm B)

i have new pics, thats if anybody is reading

gallery_38604_4022_837068.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_58218.jpg

all i need is one more defiler to complete the build

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Missed this thread somehow, followed your Prince thread though and dug it. I like the big things so seeing a Scorpion in the works is good news. Everything looks solid, can't wait to see the Fire Fight 3rd, nothing better than watching guard players roll 30+ flashlight dice a round and not do a thing.

Thanks SV.

a squad of the third are done (apart form two needing paint) and i have 5 bikers, my scorpion, 2 rhinos and mechy possessed to come (snow stopping them in the post at the moment) in the next month... one problem...

MY CAMARA BROKE!! im borrowing my girlfriends, she somehow managed to forgot that ill need a lead to upload pictures.

ill update this thread in and around the next week.

thanks for continues support from people :)

RRROOARRRR!!!!

MASSIVE UPDATE!!

so ive been camaraless for about a month and in that time ive got some stuff done. sorry im borrowing my girlfriends camara which is a bit rubbish...

the Fire Fight 3rd squad is coming along nicly, i made them biggere and gave them a re enforced armour look, they are the count as plague marines for those not paying attention :cuss

so the sarge ( and combimelta)

gallery_38604_4022_12021.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_821533.jpg

and the squad...

scanner guy has a fully bionic leg, you cant see that though, let me know if you want to.

gallery_38604_4022_473040.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_625018.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_172642.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_49336.jpg

the plasma has a blue glow in real life... :(

gallery_38604_4022_171228.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_358356.jpg

more updates in about a minute when ive taken pics of the incomplete members of the squad and a taste of possessed yet to come....

C&C please ;)

as promised the 3 WIPs of the count as plagues squad...

gallery_38604_4022_428724.jpg

now for something new....

Built from iron and with a heart as cold the techmarines of the chapter became deranged and obsessed, many turned to heavy weapons, prefering to destroy the enemy from range, but others turned to tricking their brethren...

with the help of the dark mechanicus several tech marines tricked their brothers into receiving implants, while under the scalpel they were completly changed, built for battle, limbs made from metal and chainswords for fists, they had built the ultimate close combat warrior... in exchange for the warriors sanity.

these squads are lead into battle by techmarines that have altered themselves for close combat, acting as the intelligence of the squad and pointing the blind meaningless rage at the enemy

so yeah, this is a test for my possessed champion (with bad pics)

gallery_38604_4022_967418.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_79293.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_455546.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_127794.jpg

and this is a group of bits i have made for the rest of the squad...

gallery_38604_4022_910994.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_382356.jpg

once again, C&C Appreciated ;)

oh and in the near future you can expect...

2 rhinos, the rest of my possessed and the completed brass scorpion

Archived