SB's Chaos Army WIP

sword brethren

thanks :) i glad you like the tech route im going down :cuss

ive been painting again and i have the champion for my possessed finished and whle that was drying i finished the 9th plagues marine.

ive also slapped some silver onto the scorpion which has left me disheartened at how big it is.

anyway here are to 2 finsihed guys.

champ

gallery_38604_4022_465669.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_848389.jpg

count-as plague

gallery_38604_4022_612859.jpg

thanks, C&C please

no? no comments?

well i have some more to put on here, this is a stictly LPC update now

possessed have been undercoated and covering in mithril silver

gallery_38604_4022_424549.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_463740.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_319972.jpg

any C&C on the other two guys? i understand that these guys cant really be commented on other than... they are silver :down:

cheers

SB

I am not sure If I have said this before but your possessed concept is awesome! But are ypu gonna makr that plague counts as a bit dirtier?

thanks alot :D

yeah i put him up as finished because he is basically done but im waiting for the black wash to dry before washing with tin bitz, that make the metal look more warn and used. ;)

im currently painting the last count as plague marine that way i can get on with the scorpion and possessed painting :)

anymore comments ands stuff?

I have to say that those possessed look awesome :)

I like the fact that you went the techy route with them, I hadn't seen that one before.

The painted guys are looking good, I especially like the detail work on the possessed champ.

One small detail on the silvered possessed: are you gonna get rid of the mold lines that's visible on some of the techy bits?

I have to say that those possessed look awesome :D

I like the fact that you went the techy route with them, I hadn't seen that one before.

The painted guys are looking good, I especially like the detail work on the possessed champ.

One small detail on the silvered possessed: are you gonna get rid of the mold lines that's visible on some of the techy bits?

thanks alot :P

on the subject of mold lines, i start painting the detail usually before i notice and i try and get rid of them while i paint, because im thick...

i have completed one more possessed... its part of my LPC so i would like everybody to be harsh in judgment and help me improve it as much as i can, any tips would be great!

gallery_38604_4022_64049.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_858528.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_107289.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_277909.jpg

does the blood look ok? i wonder if people can guess what the blood is...

and the last count as plague marine is done aswell :P

gallery_38604_4022_680791.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_197105.jpg

no i dont know why his shoulder is fluffy... its not when i look at him now

next up... scorpion and remaining possessed.

thanks guys :) C&C needed!

hey man!

i love the possessed new guy! and its great to see the whole count as plague marine squad finished.

as for the blood, by guess is the valejo stuff that people are talking about.

great eyes, better than the ones for the inquisitor you painted for me :P

(aren't you supposed to be revising?)

thanks guys, it means alot :D

me? i am revising, im in two places at once :ph34r:

the rhinos wont be painted for a while as i tend to find tanks take to long to paint and are tedius sometimes.

and no its not Vallejo red paint, though thats what i will be using soon.

any other guesses? more importantly any more comments and critism?

i already thin the paints down ALOT and its take about three or four goes over to get the red colour but i can understand your view.

now its another update on the same guy, i just cant put him down!

i thought id add something to the squad to show how feral they are and to mark them out from other squads.

gallery_38604_4022_155663.jpg

they will all have this sort of marking.

good idea?

ok so ive started the other 3 after experimenting on the first.

i have a bit more warning stripes on this guy.

gallery_38604_4022_251934.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_25447.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_694885.jpg

and because nobody guessed ill tell you... for blood i used a sharpie permanent marker...

thats right kids, they will write on anything.

ill add wip pics of the other two when i get home from being out.

C&C please

im glad i flumoxed you with my sharpie idea :)

i have another update on the possessed here :)

gallery_38604_4022_590446.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_902583.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_382199.jpg

i tried to get a darker skin tone for this guy, i was thinking that they will have people from many chapters there will be some variety.

only one more to go now, then ill start painting the scorpion.

C&C anyone?

Looks good brother, keep working that vow!

The sharpie was a bit of a suprise I must say ;)

I just took my terminators out from a bath today, then it's under the whip and on with the painting.

Looking good there, SB :tu:

Every finished possessed looks better than the previous one, I particularly like the last one.

The skintone looks good, but the sharpie (yea, I'm also surprised at that...) looks a bit glossy to me. A few streaks of darker red on it might do the trick, I think there might be some good tutorials on painting blood&gore in the librarium to make it really nice.

looking good but your 'brighter colors(the yellows and reds) don't look right. I appreciate that you want them too look dirty, but maybe you could try going for a well layered really bright color and then washing it to make it look battle worn. If you get what I mean. Maybe?

Unless you've already done that and it looks so good that i couldn't tell that you did :D

looking good but your 'brighter colors(the yellows and reds) don't look right. I appreciate that you want them too look dirty, but maybe you could try going for a well layered really bright color and then washing it to make it look battle worn. If you get what I mean. Maybe?

Unless you've already done that and it looks so good that i couldn't tell that you did :lol:

he he he, yeah thats what i did but thanks anyway ^_^

ill also try the darker red on the blood, thanks.

i just bought assassins creed 2 so i havet done anything today but i have half a day at college tomorrow so i promise ill at least finish the last possessed, maybe do more on the scorpion.

Looking great. Kitbashing ftw, especially when done well :) An idea occurs. For the counts as PMs, you could try using a mixture of green and brown washes, thinned down, dribbled down from a few armour chinks, to look like they are leaking rotting fluidfrom their sealed armour. stupid idea?

Looking great. Kitbashing ftw, especially when done well :P An idea occurs. For the counts as PMs, you could try using a mixture of green and brown washes, thinned down, dribbled down from a few armour chinks, to look like they are leaking rotting fluidfrom their sealed armour. stupid idea?

i like that idea, it will give them a truly dirty look, i probably wont do it to a massive extent but i may do a little bit after the LPC, thanks ;)

Archived