SB's Chaos Army WIP

sword brethren

Your army is beautifully converted! There's some very original models in there and I may steal your idea of bionically enhanced plague marines. The only critisism I'd have is your red painting could do with improving. At the moment it looks a tad rough an there's too much black showing through. I'd suggest investing in Mechanrite (sp?) Red, Blood Red and a wash of some sort to make it the strong contrasting colour to the silver that it should be.

soooo after finsihing that chaos lord i thought i would give an outline of my chapters hierachy for those who have not read my fluff.

i plan on making every single one of these chapter heroes (villains) and they will be a few that take the form of special characters.

at the top of the food chain....

Grand Master (former head chaplain) Younes Kaboul - has been made as kharne but will be remade as Abaddon the Despoiler

Former Grand Master (Unholy Dereadnaught) Steran - Daemon Prince of varying gods, usually khorne. (finished)

Commander Ethstar of the 1st company (TDA company - individual worship) - Terminator Lord maybe with LCs

Commander Berahg of the 2nd company (assault Company - khorne worship) - Kharne (next)

Commander Forran Kraine of the 3rd company (ranged support - no worship) - unsure

Commander Bataar Khadar of the 4th company (infiltration and fast attack - no worship) - biker lord (finished)

Tank Commander Pablo Menzies of the 5th company (armoured company - no worship) - Land Raider "Mezies' Roar"

Commander Berius Fin of the 6th company (new recruits - individual worship/none) - Chaos Lord (Fallen angel looking)

Master of Psykers Larronus Bael - possably Arhiman or just a sorceror (Tzneech worshiping 10 man body guard)

Grand Champion Thor Isenfang - terminator champion as part of a squad, 1st company champion (Commander Ethstar's bodyguard and 2nd in command)

thats all the characters from the chapter, Commander Berahg (an ex raven guard) will be next.

Been a while since I've stopped by here, but nice to see your army's progressing SB. The former-Scar biker is a really effective conversion, well done! :D

thanks firestorm :)

ok guys i have a new update!

as i said a few days ago my next build would be Commander Berahg, the khornate commander of 2nd company.... or mr angry pants as my friends have begun to call his WIP.

so here he is, my new count as kharne

gallery_38604_4022_213613.jpg

raawwrr im all angry

gallery_38604_4022_31181.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_212218.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1180934.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_181739.jpg

please excuse some of the untidyness of him, im working on it as you read this.

let me know what you think, C&C??

Grrrrreat model!

Kill, maim, burn (etc).

I love his pose, charging in headlong. The only thing I can think of is adding more chains and skulls (lots o' skulls). Your models are really cool converions, I'm looking forward in seeing more of your work.

Cheers,

Vandael

IRON WIHIN, IRON WITHOUT

Grrrrreat model!

Kill, maim, burn (etc).

I love his pose, charging in headlong. The only thing I can think of is adding more chains and skulls (lots o' skulls). Your models are really cool converions, I'm looking forward in seeing more of your work.

Cheers,

Vandael

IRON WIHIN, IRON WITHOUT

thanks Vandael

i thought the pose was very appropreate for the commander of a khronate company.

im getting round to skulls and chains and stuff, i wanted to give shoulder pads and a backpack first so i can add to the image.

thanks again.

any more C&C??

sorry about the delay, my parents went to edinburgh with my camera :Elite:

he is modelled but if there is anything you think i should add give me yout thoughts :)

gallery_38604_4022_1019470.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_825742.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_714598.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_436915.jpg

suitable scary to be a count as kharne?

C&C please and any requests on which character i do next?

this dude looks cool, awesome charging pose and double chain axe rocks! think he needs to look angrier though! looks a bit too calm and collected! maybe a few skulls littering the floor or striding over his dead enemies or something. none the less it looks cool looking forward to seeing him painted up!

this dude looks cool, awesome charging pose and double chain axe rocks! think he needs to look angrier though! looks a bit too calm and collected! maybe a few skulls littering the floor or striding over his dead enemies or something. none the less it looks cool looking forward to seeing him painted up!

thanks alot sar mikael :)

i am thinkinf of what i should base him on, im not sure yet. the best idea i have had is an injured marine or imperial guard raising his hand and crying in a "please...mercy" kinda way, the onlt problem being im strapped for cash for while so i cant order the parts for it.

any other basing ideas are welcome :lol:

ive undercoated him but thats not really picture worthy

any more C&C

thanks guys ;)

i was thinkning of not posting again at one point. not many comments and there being so much better work out there i was thinkning of just keeping them to myself.

if i can find my camera ill post the painting progress ive made on my chaos lord tomorrow (whole day off... how many ours shall i spend :P )

I absolutely love the cloak, excellent highlighting and it looks absolutely filthy, just how I imagine a chaos marines cloak shoud look! As for the rest of the mini, is the majority of him going to stay silver as he is now? Personally I feel he could do with a bit more red on him, perhaps the heads of the chainaxes if nothing else.

ID

I absolutely love the cloak, excellent highlighting and it looks absolutely filthy, just how I imagine a chaos marines cloak shoud look! As for the rest of the mini, is the majority of him going to stay silver as he is now? Personally I feel he could do with a bit more red on him, perhaps the heads of the chainaxes if nothing else.

ID

chain axe wise im planning on soaking it in blood so that wouldnt make to much difference. how about the elbow plates? im thinkning of redding them up a bit.

Hey man, it's hard to comment because we don't know what you're planning on doing with some of the colors. I was going to say, before you wash it down put a couple of highlights on the reds and whites, and then after the wash hit them again only smaller but i read you still had some stuff to do with them.

I like the cloak close up, but from a couple of feet away on a table it might not look it's greatest. I'm sure you're inches from your models like the rest of us when we paint, but take a look at the finished product from a couple of feet away to really determine what's next.

I'd say get him to a stopping point where you've exhausted what you know and your comfort zones, then post up a picture.

Keep it up, i'll check back soon.

Hey man, it's hard to comment because we don't know what you're planning on doing with some of the colors. I was going to say, before you wash it down put a couple of highlights on the reds and whites, and then after the wash hit them again only smaller but i read you still had some stuff to do with them.

I like the cloak close up, but from a couple of feet away on a table it might not look it's greatest. I'm sure you're inches from your models like the rest of us when we paint, but take a look at the finished product from a couple of feet away to really determine what's next.

I'd say get him to a stopping point where you've exhausted what you know and your comfort zones, then post up a picture.

Keep it up, i'll check back soon.

thanks dan :)

here is what i have. (he has a new head)

gallery_38604_4022_345732.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_594912.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_698560.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_78045.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_109353.jpg

you cant see the highlights as well in the pictures

C&C please :D

Good work. I've got to say i think your use of metallic is hindering your progress. It looks like you're coating the whole guy in chainmail or mithral and then giving him a wash. While that's a quick dirty way to get models up to table top it doesn't do a kharne counts as justice. I think you should slow down on this guy and try a different technique. You don't have to start over, and all the work you've already put into him isn't lost, it'll work well as a good base coat.

If i were you i would try one of a couple different things. Start by finishing up the mettalics with a very heavy wash, but only in the cracks and recesses. Then when he is dry apply two to three thin, smooth coats of boltgun metal only on the armor between trim, and joints. You should be leaving all the angles, cracks, and crevasses dark from the original wash.

now you can apply a thicker than average highlight of chainmail or mithril at this step. Only hit the edges or armor with this step.(this can be skipped)

The last little bit would be washing the whole model in a thin coat of badaab black or delvan. You can go back and drop some delvan in armor joints if you want to dirty him up, but remember less is more in these stages.

Your final step can be hitting your armor edges with a small highlight of chainmail or mithral. If you highlighted before your wash keep it smaller and inside the last highlight.

Give it a try if you'd like. it'll add depth to your models and clean up the inconsistent metal/wash look.

Archived