Back from 1st Tourney with the new Codex

littlbitz

I have Mort, and I have some of the old turrets around.

I have also been thinking of making one (or both) twin linked assault cannon...

So many choices to make, so many choices.

I may have to try them all out and then decide what I like best.

Hi, nice reports here and for an unexperienced yet very interested player like me the reports are really good to learn a lot about Space Wolves. I like your army setup, it includes some units I also like to field once I start to assemble my own army. To understand the use of your army in more detail, I have a few questions though:

The large GreyHunters pack with the TDA Pack leader with assault cannon is another key factor in this army. However alot of thier power is wasted currently, and after playtesting and reviewing some of Lord Ragnarok's lists, I am going to switch to 2 Plasma guns in this pack so I am not wasting those shots all game.

Well, I plan on using a full GH squad with 2 plasma guns and a TDA Pack Leader with Cyclone missle launcher. They shall cross the field by foot and spend fire support for the rest of the army. Do you count such a unit to be ok?

The Predator is there for some long-ranged fire support. It is a bad configuration for 5th ed. and is really not that effective. I am going to be dropping this unit as well.

Might it be a good idea to drop the Predator in favor of a Long Fangs units with lots of missle launchers? I think those would be well working long range supporters, but I don´t know if it´s a good idea to have a static shooty unit. You have to deploy them very carefully to get the best out of them, I think.

HTG

Thanks Hannibal, you are indeed right on both counts.

Meaning your plans for a larger GH pack look good, and I do plan on taking a Long Fang pack instead of the Predator.

In some missions I will lose some firepower as in DoW missions they will start off the board, but that mission is nightfight anyway so I wont be losing that much, as they will probably be out of loS anyway. I plan on giving them a Razorback so even when they do start off the board, hopefully I will be able to get them into position quickly.

Archived