Bjorn Stormwolf rules

Radixon

I love the fluff given on Bjorn Stormwolf, small as it may be, i am in the process of expanding on it. I drew up these rules to be open to comments and criticism, before i do up a final draft

Bjorn Stormwolf: 240 pts

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv

6 5 4 4 3 5 5 10 2+/3+

Special Rules

Acute Senses, Counter attack, And They Shall Know No Fear

Independent Character, Stubborn

Pelt of the Great White Bear: During his time as a Grey Hunter, Bjorn’s entire pack was lost during a battle against the Eldar pirates. He went into a self imposed exile on Fenris, vowing not to return until he had a trophy worthy of the Great Wolf himself. After almost two years, Bjorn was seen striding towards the Fang, hauling behind him the body of a Great White Bear. He presented it to the Great Wolf, Logan Grimnar. Bjorn Stormwolf was immediately elevated to the rank of Wolf Guard, by request of Grimnar himself. The Pelt of the Great White Bear grants Bjorn Stormwolf the Feel No Pain special rule

Wargear

Terminator Armour, Axe Kala, Storm Shield, Wolftooth Necklace, Saga of the Warrior Born.

Axe Kala: The Axe Kala, known to many as the Frozen Axe or Iceblade, is the mighty axe wielded by Bjorn Stormwolf. An mixture of technology and the power of the Rune Priests, the Axe Kala glistens with an icy sheen. Whomever is struck by the Axe Kala is killed instantly, turned to nothing more than a statue of ice. The Axe Kala is a Frost Axe that causes instand death. In addition, models killed by Bjorn Stormwolf in close combat are not removed from the tabletop. They continue to block line of sight.

From my calculations you're paying 15 points for a frost blade that inflicts instant death on a model that doesn't allow it, fir presumed balance reasons.

I think the points need to go up as instant death is a pretty funky ability and the frost blade is worth at least that by itself in my opinion.

From my calculations you're paying 15 points for a frost blade that inflicts instant death on a model that doesn't allow it, fir presumed balance reasons.

I think the points need to go up as instant death is a pretty funky ability and the frost blade is worth at least that by itself in my opinion.

i've upped the points to 240, the same as blackmane, slight calculation error on my part. i was half thinking of changing feel no pain to toughness of 5, what do you think?

Well 1, I think Stormwolf uses a thunderhammer... but thats just me.

My real problem with this is that the models stay on the table- I dont think thats appropriate as it would slow down and confuse the game *is that the guy I statued, or is that the guy I havent hit yet?*

Instant death on a 6, like Khan or Sicarius would probly go over better with your opponents- and with 7 attacks on the charge, hed still be godawfully powerful.

Archived