Painting Howling Griffons

Spacefrisian

I've bought the Assault on Black reach box set and wanted to paint them up as the Howling Griffons chapter.

WD 309 shows a great example and a small tut on how to do this but i have a few questions before i start.

1: Painting yellow isn't one of my strong points, would dipping it be a better replacement?

2: I cant find brown inkt anymore what would make a good substitute from the newer ink lines?

3: Where can i find the Howling Griffons decals?

The first step has already been done btw (in regards to paint) that is a whit undercoat.

1: Painting yellow isn't one of my strong points, would dipping it be a better replacement?
Finding a good yellow recipe is preferable to dipping if you want a truly stunning army. If you want a tabletop ready army in no time, then dipping is for you.

2: I cant find brown inkt anymore what would make a good substitute from the newer ink lines?
Make your own, or try out Devlan Mud on a test model.

3: Where can i find the Howling Griffons decals?
Why right here at the BnC!

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...amp;showfile=48

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...mp;showfile=386

Do they still make vomit brown? well, I do my yellows and work them up from a brown with more and more brown added each time. Oh a white undercoat, didn't read that bit, um then wash it with the yellow wash, or thin down iyanden darksun and paint that in a few thinner layers over the yellow parts. then shade with devlan mud and iyanden darksun mix. Put it up when you're done, for the red I suggest Pig of sparta's red in the librarium

Archived