4th Company captain, Hecthor Ectasy

This is the 2nd out of the series of nutter characters I'm currently making so heres the fluff for this guy.

4th Grand company Captain Hecthor 'Dooms mood' Ectasy: The captain of the 4th company is by far the most strange for while marines are not known to smile if ever, Hecthor is rather grim and his lips never pass a straight line otherwise they are in a rather serious position. His expression overall is rather bleak though, almost pessmistic however his men are rather inspired by the company's chaplin who ensures the captains mood doesn't cause morale loss. He was always like this, how he got to be captain is something of several views because no-one ever remembers his promotion at all, however the chapter master states he was promoted under wishs of the former captain however most doubt this to be true. While he may seem down and depressed his fighting style is quite laid back and near effortless looking, he always finishes any one-on-one with no messing around and has never been known to make a mistake. This comes from, many note, the fact he doesnt care about what happens to him nor is he ever worried about anything as if it's good his reply is: 'Oh, well keep it up' or if it's bad then it's 'Well stop it then'. By far the 4th company is the most independant in terms of squads since the captain rarely issues orders during battle which has lead to the squads developing their own personal 'Squad-link map' which revolves around the idea of each member carries a small mapping device in their armour that reads the land up to three meters away and so squads know whats were even if they are given no information and if they do they just upload those maps to their armours visual links. In addition the devices also mark their location so often in general it's more the troops being self-ordering rather than lead however Hecthor does tell them where to strike which tends to be like his fighting style: Never mess around with supply lines unless they can be done on the move to another battle zone.

His Spirit sword is the blade 'Mercy's Demise'. This blade is far more often seen going into it's more powerful form, however mainly for big battles or when greater daemons roam the battle field. The blade becomes a large Death Dark Midnight Blue Sycthe whose presence often drains the enemy of their will to fight and in this new form is called 'The herald of dispair, Dooms Demise'. The weapon has carved apart infantry units with one swipe and often enemy leaders are cut down like children before it as it drains away all will to fight, those that survive are just wallowing husks of some creature with no will left and soon just die from lack of will to live. Combined with his bike, he rides to battle spreading dispair to the enemies of the emperor for they shall all perish beneath his will.

Rules time!

Name: 4th Grand company captain, Hecthor Ectasy

Stats: As per captain in C:SM minus 1 attack and plus 1 to WS

Wargear: The herald of dispair; Dooms Demise, Artifcer armour, Frag grenades, Space marine bike, Broken Iron halo

Special rules:

Speechless Warrior: He may never confer his leadership onto any squad he joins

Fearless

Effortless: He can Re-roll one failed to hit roll and one failed to wound roll

'Why should I worry': His stats cannot be altered in any form nor can he recieve addition attacks nor lose attacks no matter their source (this means you can't drop or raise his WS, BS, S, Etc. by any means. This includes 'count his stats as' as well)

Broken Iron halo: this damaged halo has never been repaired dispite the techmarines requests, it confers a 6+ invunerable

The herald of Dispair; Dooms Demise: This sycthe is counted as a power weapon. All enemy models within 12" have their leadership reduced Permentantly by 1 for every turn they are within 12" of the captain. All hits from this sycthe (even if it doesn't wound) will reduce the attacked models leadership automatically to 1 meaning leadership checks taken by that leadership will need double 1s to pass, if the scythe however wounds successfully (after any invunerable saves) the model must take the following tests, for each one failed they take a wound: Strength, Intiative and leadership at their orinigal value (thus while the model may be LD1, if the model had LD 8 it would be tested on LD8 for this test only). This means the weapon can achieve 8 wounds within 2 attacks. The Captain may forfeit the above ability (the 3 tests and reduce leadership from hit) to use a sweep attack, for each model in a 180 degree arc chosen by the player in within 2" is automatically hit, wounding is applied as normal and the weapon is still considered a power weapon by all means (however he may not use his 'effortless' rule here for he is currently just swinging the sycthe rather blankly rather than at a real target).

This is ofcourse the second in the series of 9 and don't worry the first was by far the most mad, hope this is more achieveable and maybe fieldable.

Hmm hmm hmm...

Stats: As per captain in C:SM minus 1 attack and plus 1 to WS

Special rules:

Speechless Warrior: He may never confer his leadership onto any squad he joins

Fearless

Effortless: He can Re-roll one failed to hit roll and one failed to wound roll

'Why should I worry': His stats cannot be altered in any form nor can he recieve addition attacks nor lose attacks no matter their source (this means you can't drop or raise his WS, BS, S, Etc. by any means. This includes 'count his stats as' as well)

Broken Iron halo: this damaged halo has never been repaired dispite the techmarines requests, it confers a 6+ invunerable

Okay. Pretty standard. Now for the hard part.

The herald of Dispair; Dooms Demise: This sycthe is counted as a power weapon.
Okay. Standard.

All enemy models within 12" have their leadership reduced Permentantly by 1 for every turn they are within 12" of the captain.
Bad bad bad. Really confusing as, and I quote, "all get out". General no-no to change stats permanently like this.

All hits from this sycthe (even if it doesn't wound) will reduce the attacked models leadership automatically to 1 meaning leadership checks taken by that leadership will need double 1s to pass,
Another quote: "GUHWHAT?" Different leadership for different models...no. Something like: "Models in combat with ~ have -3 to Ld" or something. God.

if the scythe however wounds successfully (after any invunerable saves) the model must take the following tests, for each one failed they take a wound: Strength, Intiative and leadership at their orinigal value (thus while the model may be LD1, if the model had LD 8 it would be tested on LD8 for this test only). This means the weapon can achieve 8 wounds within 2 attacks.
Way over the top confusing. Use three of the same tests; I'd suggest Toughness. If you're going to do that, at least make it a Psychic test instead of Leadership - way simpler.

The Captain may forfeit the above ability (the 3 tests and reduce leadership from hit) to use a sweep attack, for each model in a 180 degree arc chosen by the player in within 2" is automatically hit, wounding is applied as normal and the weapon is still considered a power weapon by all means (however he may not use his 'effortless' rule here for he is currently just swinging the sycthe rather blankly rather than at a real target).
I've got something simpler: All models in combat with him. Probably limited to a single unit. The rest is fine.

I swear, sometime I'm just going to make an over-the-top unit just to obliterate these. Wait...that's counter-productive.

I still want to make it...

Better be careful who you challenge, I am so insane the chaos gods returned me to the imperium and paid them with a kit-kat. Oh and this is but the 2nd out of 9 so just wait till I get to Chapter master 454 (Omoi-hebikuroi, I plan to make sure there's so many rules to him you'd need a codex just for him to desecribe what his blade is shined with on a sunday morning!)

Archived