Pre Heresy Land speeders

Nope. Land Speeders were in use during the heresy.

There are illustrations looking like the old metal ones in Visions of Heresy, including a Thousand Sons one with a claw-like fin. The cover of Fulgrim has a half-way-house looking land speeder, with a modern front but 4 fins (instead of the rear spoiler). There are also modern-looking ones at the end of VoH, so it depends what stage of the Heresy you're going for.

I'm planning to make mine from the plastic kit by removing the rear spoiler, adding an upright fin, making the side fins horizontal, probably removing the cockpit bar, and leaving off the front bumper. I guess you could try and take it further by cutting down some of the armour.

The one featured in Collected Visions is the older 2nd edition metal model. Unfortunately they are OOP, although they are still fairly common on ebay!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Pacific81/ls1.jpg

The other option is to make an anti-grav tank version, using the Rick Priestly pattern doedarant bottle :blink:

Now, there was a guy on the internet whose Speeder I saw years ago, and he had converted what I thought was a brilliant Pre-Heresy Speeder. He had used a Land Speeder plastic kit, yet based his conversion on the MkI speeder. You know, the open-faced one. The conversion looked absolutely brilliant, and of course I saved all the pics. I believe he painted it black in the end. Maybe it was for a Raven Guard army, I don't know. However, moving from PC to PC I think they got lost in transit.

Now that I've lost them, I've never been able to find the thread or the pictures again. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyways, that to me really looked like a Pre-Heresy Speeder. I'm sorry the post is so vague, but I do hope someone else remembers who made it and we all get to see the pictures eventually. Fingers crossed.

Archived