Lamenters Chapter Log

IronDuke

@Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer - I have actually been shaving the symbol down, although the one on the captains backpack hasn't. The main problem is that they are extremely hard so I end up taking more chunks out of my own finger than the heart! Think I may have found a new way of making the symbols though now...

Thanks Kayesh...maybe I should ask pigiron for some money hehe. With regards to the necks, depending how you clip them from the sprue they often need a blob of green stuff so they sit at the right height. Its not difficult, just thought I ought to warn you!

I have to agree with The Damned, I am leaning towards the scout blade at the moment, here is a wip of the captain with a shiny shield and command squad;

gallery_40962_4221_36161.jpg

Now I need to start working on some neckguards and details for the rest of them!

Any criticism is welcome.

Cheers, ID

edit; oh and I know about the mold lines :)

I have actually had the same idea MM. The main issue is that the shield is that it will be very cramped and I am not sure if it will fit...I will give it a go and report back soon though!

Edited to show where I am going with the flamer marines....

gallery_40962_4221_19080.jpg

Right, I have got the part I find most tedious out of the way with regards to the second part of my vow. The 5 tactical marines have now been basecoated and washed, so I can now get on to the fun part of highlighting and adding detail. Forgive the poor light, but here they are at the moment;

gallery_40962_4221_20304.jpg

Cheers, ID

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I have been making steady progress (read slow as hell). I have at least finished with my LPC Vow. I have had to take the photo with flash tonight however as I am not sure I will have time to take the photos tomorrow, and I don't want a fail banner! So without further ado;

Combat Squad front

gallery_40962_4221_30244.jpg

Tactical designation

gallery_40962_4221_58811.jpg

Chapter marking

gallery_40962_4221_56329.jpg

Full 6 man Scout squad

gallery_40962_4221_1173.jpg

I like my marines to be individuals, hence the slightly different chapter markings - they all have a common theme, the heart and checked pattern, but with deviations.

Anyway, I will hopefully get better pictures up under natural light, let me know what you think.

Cheers,

ID

Right, sorry for double posting, especially when I can't offer any better pics of LPC work yet, but I have a question. I am currently attempting to 'upgrade' an old razorback with my limited plasitcard, and wanted some input. I am making progress on the main body, but I need advice on the extra armour on the sides.

Here is a view of the front at present, and a side view. At the front of the side view is the start of the 'wraparound' armour, which would have extra plates on the front as shown by the pink scribble. The option at the back is like the old school ablative armour, which whilst easier to do is less interesting. Which should I go for?!

gallery_40962_4221_149990.jpg

ID

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I resurrect thee!

Do we have any progress or pictures, or has this fallen on its face!?

It has kind of fallen on its face, not due to lack of motivation on my behalf, but lack of time! Recently I have been rather busy with re-applying to universities, and then I decided to go on a long holiday...so I have very little progress to report. But there is still some, so without further ado, here is what little work I have got done...

gallery_40962_4221_24149.jpg

Nearly finished crew for the first attack bike

gallery_40962_4221_84892.jpg

Finished interior and begun base coating the first drop pod

gallery_40962_4221_40158.jpg

Started bascoating another combat squad, and cracking on with second attack bike

gallery_40962_4221_568.jpg

Put together a small assault squad, who just need sand on there bases then they will be good for undercoating.

Apologies for the poor quality photos, will hopefully be able to get some better ones showing a bit more progress up soon.

Any comments/criticisms/abuse welcome.

Cheers, ID

Thanks The Damned. Yeah so far my poses have been very vanilla, mainly just whilst I got back in the flow of things. I will most likely mix up the marines I have done so far with some more dynamic ones when I get around to putting them together. I have done a bit of work on another of the tac marines today, and I am fairly happy so far with how he is looking.

Besides his weapon and backpack he is almost done, but I am not too happy with the little bit of damage I have done. Suggestions as to how to improve this?

gallery_40962_4221_42823.jpg

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind wors, much appreciated. A bit more progress on the combat squad front, they now just need weapons, backpacks and the bases finished off.

gallery_40962_4221_59228.jpg

I am also in the process of re-organising my tactical marines. I enjoy breaking my tacs down into combat squads, and I want them to look like they are leap frogging each other, whilst one lays down fire the other advances. Here is the first rebuild in progress to that end.

gallery_40962_4221_58479.jpg

I also have a question, and would appreciate answers from people who play a lot. I want the serg to have a combi-melta, but I don't want to risk wasting weapons by cutting and mixing them. I am planning on using the melta pistol of the Blood Angel sprue, to represent a one shot melta, and then slinging a bolter over his back. Would anyone have a problem with this counts as, or is it not WYSISYG enough? In short, do you reckon I would have problems with people if I tried to field him as is?

Comments and criticism welcome

Cheers, ID

So first group of advancing tac marines are glued, just waiting for some gs to dry before I undercoat, and out of boredom decided to post them

gallery_40962_4221_54973.jpg

gallery_40962_4221_45290.jpg

gallery_40962_4221_10962.jpg

gallery_40962_4221_40342.jpg

In other news, the 6 man assault squad from earlier are based and undercoated, and I have begun to basecoat the sergeant. Will hopefully have pip pics soon. Any feedback welcome,

Cheers

Archived