Soporific Musk - 3D6" Movement?

Damocles

I've been writing some Daemons lists with a Keeper of Secrets, which gets quite a boost from the Unholy Might and Soporific Musk upgrades. Reading the Daemonic Review thread it's mentioned that with Hit and Run, the Keeper's effective 'threat range' from the end of an enemy's turn through your own assault movement is 30" because of the 2D6" Hit and Run.

Looking at the Hit and Run USR in the Rulebook, it says "[after passing an Initiative test] the unit breaks from combat and immediately moves up to 3D6" in a straight line in any direction, ignoring the units they are locked with."

A 3D6" move would give the Keeper and other Musk + Fleet units an effective 36" threat range, no? I think it's been assumed that Hit and Run was 2D6, and if it really is somehow different from what I'm reading I'd like to know...but my rulebook says 3D6, up to 18".

What do you think? Is Musk even better than what the Daemonic Review thread says, or is this shenanigans?

Well, just goes to show you that even the veterans can make mistakes. You're correct, it is in fact 3D6". Guess this just makes the keeper even better eh? I've always just assumed it was 2D6" myself, and I don't think my gaming group are going to be too happy when I show them this...

Now, I think I should go fix that in the review. If you see anywhere else where it says 2D6" instead of three, let me know so I can change it.

Thanks for the heads up on this one Damocles.

I WANT to say that in the past hit and run was 2d6 - maybe for screamers in the 3e Chaos codex? - but I honestly never used something with the ability. 3d6" just seemed a little too good to be true. Now that it is there's almost no reason not to take Musk, the Keeper's just a speed machine.

No problem, if I see it anywhere else in that sticky I'll let you know.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived