Where to find teleporter bases?

Darkman2083

I don't know of any good bases for this use, but i have some ideas.

You could give your termies a sort of blue ish aura, especially on the ground by painting regal blue, ice blue and white progressively getting lighter using the drybrush technique.

Also another idea is to get paperclips etc. drill holes in the base and glue them about the base pointing upwards like lightning (bent at sharp angles) and paint these combined with the above the same blueish glow effect.

I'm considering doing this to my termies as it'll look like they are just teleporting into the battlefield!

It's also cheaper than buying special resin bases!

Hope this helps...

• 1 month later...

use greenstuff to raise the edges of the bases and curve them into a sphere but make it look like there's glass on the bottom (like an extreme heat thing) , model pipes and cables that would end where the sphere would be, then when painting the tubes and wire, paint them bright red/orange.

i wan't your objective, your lives and your commanders head.....

You like juice? Get some Dole, or similar Orange Juice *or similar* cartons- they have a pull out tab that opens them up.

Take the pulling part off, and you have a lil nub that when flipped over and painted with blue and white looks like the transporter things from stat trek.

Just an idea.

• 4 months later...
one thing i have considered is A mixing pva gleu and regal blue paint together, pour a little bit of the mixture on the base then swirl it around to make a whirlpool affect, note i do not know if this would actually work. B go with the blue design on the bottom then make the paint job on the model fizzy, (this part extreme detail that part blobish through out the model)

Archived