Sternguard Veterans

captain_shrike

Ohh I agree with you... but if you want to make a post saying 'should I put my SG in a DP and drop them in enemy lines' most people would say yes without thinking about it.

Having had it done to me... twice... and having them fail to do more than Stun a LR (whop-de-do) I find it quite amusing how readily people are willing to throw them away. Granted they can cause a rift in enemy lines and kill a nasty unit... when they work properly... but its far from garunteed.

While Im a fan of a few combi-meltas to act as a deterant to enemy armor- mostly walkers, I feel their true position is as a premier anti-infantry killer.

A much more survivable, and in the end killy, squad for antitank duties would be a Command Squad with SS+Chainfist TDA captain, 4 Meltaguns, and 2 Storm Shields. About the same price too.

But seeing as how the Sterngaurd have the proper round to kill anything in the game save TDA its a horrible waste trying to take the most bad-ass infantry killers *ranged* in the army and turn them into good armor killers.

Its like trying to use Vangaurd as close fire support.

Im planning to use a 8man squad with a couple of combimeltas and a libby with gate DPing them blasting that nasty tank praying to survive and if they do, spend the rest of the battle teleporting to key points where their bolters are needed most. Should i play them more static and drop the libby? And maybe change the dp for a rhino...

Archived