Death Guard

sonofwaranddeath

Hello all. After serious agitation on trying to pic an army to play for 40k, I decided, why not wind it back a bit? :) This resulted in me deciding to play Death Guard! Since I think they are the coolest PH army, with World Eaters in second, I thought I'd give my hand at em. SO to start it off I plan on getting

2 Tactical Squads

2 Red Scorpions Upgrade kits (Mk IV armor)

MK2B PH Land Raider

and some form of converted Garro

So basically for now I will combine this lil group with my 5 AoBR Terms and 2 Drop Pods. Not to worried about play atm, just focussed on modelling, but I would like them to BE playable meaning HQ, 2 Troops. Models will be done similar to the BoLS DG tut, and then mounted on trench bases to give em that, 'we just landed in your trenches eat my bolt rounds' feel. Also will be planning on using the BoLS Age of Heresy book for playing these gents. This means I will be able to use my good ole 4th ed codex (hello traits!) but on the occassion that I cannot use the BoLS/4th ed codex, I want them to be easily usable with the 5th ed codex. Meaning Garro is now say just a simple Capt. w/relic blade, or something like that. Anyways, let me know what you guys think about this!

well after searching bits, I found enough to make a PH Death Guard test mini!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee165/sonofwaranddeath/100_4365.jpg

I know, I aint the best painter, but it meets my table top standards :P

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee165/sonofwaranddeath/100_4368.jpg

Also just felt like modifying his bolter. Tell me what you think. Nothing major really. Would these look good on a squad? Army? Anyways, all C&C welcom, just be gentle, first time painting white marine.

EDIT:: wow, flash really throws off the white. He aint that bright on the table!

Archived