=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

Consider this.. the B&C is a power armored forum. The Inquisition forces are currently paired with the Grey Knights and the Sisters of Battle, both power armored forces. The Inquisitors may have power armor, but their retinues and ISTs do not. Should the status quo change significantly, well, it would be within the Admins rights (since they run the forum) to change which armies are hosted. They're in as much of a "wait and see" mode as we are!

It'll be a surprise to us all!

However being that Harry said this quote today.. that's good news for us :)

It's a power armoured forum that also supports Adeptus Mechanicus* and Daemons**. :)

*= Who don't even have an offical Codex.

** = Who themselves were evicted from their regular Codex.

May even see less in terms of the Inquisition if the rumors of what is coming later this year is true......

Hum... Two ways I can read this:

-"less in terms of the Inquisition": GW is ditchin us. It would be surprising that it's what he meant because of the light tone of the remark. I hope ditching us would bring a grimmer tone!

-"May even see less": B&C will see less Inquisitors because GW is definitely focusing on Codex: SoB and Codex: GK. I'll be very sad to see my Inquisitors, Penitent engines, assassins, arco-falgellant and others go, but at least I'm getting new codices.

The key words, though are "later this year". That could mean that in the next 2-3 months, we could start reading true rumors (units, stats, designs...) and that would keep me interested. Right now, it's been 3 months since I've touched a single mini (hobby-wise). I've played 3 games...

Phil

Ok I have not read or posted since page one on this thread as I been focusing on my marines.

I like what Nuns with Guns said a few pages ago. I am an old school sister player that loves the metal minis, if the plastics look good i'll get a box or two of them. My SOB army is very large well over 100 minis closer to 200. My Inq is actually the old Uriah Jacobsen model that I may field in a game other than apoc.......no I won't. But if I have to wait a year for c:sob I will if I can actually field him as confessor n have real priest again

sorry I meant kyrinov

Luckily PE, Arcos and Priests are part of the Ecclesiatary (sp?), so they may not have to leave with the Inquisition. I would be happy to ditch my Inquisitor, I am sure I can find a use for the two I have plus the henchmen somewhere. Maybe some modding into an IST variant. I would be pretty sad to lose the PE, I love the model and with better rules I would always field them.

There's 1 thing I do know, when it comes to what is ready to go to press there's no sisters or GK's standing in the wings. GW's release schedule is pretty tightly packed this year. Allegedly there's a new ed of WFB on the cards with the possibility of a new box set to accompany it, there's a whole ream of LotR stuff in the pipeline (and I'm sure this will also include some other JRRT stuff that will take up studio time over the next couple of years) and then there's DE.

There's little to no room for =][= this year, next year perhaps but definitely not this year.

There's 1 thing I do know, when it comes to what is ready to go to press there's no sisters or GK's standing in the wings. GW's release schedule is pretty tightly packed this year. Allegedly there's a new ed of WFB on the cards with the possibility of a new box set to accompany it, there's a whole ream of LotR stuff in the pipeline (and I'm sure this will also include some other JRRT stuff that will take up studio time over the next couple of years) and then there's DE.

There's little to no room for =][= this year, next year perhaps but definitely not this year.

Shush!

Ah Armoured wing you have not been listening to Harry, apparently this year is crazy!!!
Heh heh heh, when it comes to what's ready to be released and what's on the horizon I'd prefer to listen to people that I personally know are both trustworthy and who are very much in the know.

When they tell me that there's =][=/GK/SoB being worked on pre-production (anything around 6-8 months before hitting the shelves) then I'll start getting excited... but it's not happened yet. :lol:

@Penitent engines, When properly pinned, I haven't had a problem, takes a bit to get them secure though.

Regarding stickmonkey- Harry has a recent post casting severe doubts on what the monkey said.

All this taken into account, With most of the models being pulled, and recent purchasers of SOB noticing 2009 stamps on the base tabs...I believe GW is coming to the end of their backstock, created a new batch, which has been going faster than they planned, and are near the end of their planned supply before the re-release...(Oh and according to an e-mail someone recieved from Wayland Games, the immolator will be part of the re-release as well...reboxed? redesigned based on repressor? interesting either way.)

as to when that will be, I'd bet on 2011 for sisters, GK...I'm still hoping 2010, but unless it hits in the summer, this year IS very full of LOTR and fantasy releases. DE seem to be the consensus among the rumormongers I follow on a year end release.

I refuse to have a more interesting signature until GW release one of the following armies: Dark Eldar, Necron, Grey Knights, Sisters of Battle!

Because they are four out of the five armies I play

Soueater's sig

I have just noticed you sig.

Are you planning on collecting more for all four of those?

You have a lot to look forward to.

Harry from Warseer.

If he is correctly sourced then then i will be the youngest at the store for a while (exxcept maybe the 10 year old who like GK), HURRAH

So when I was in my local GW um.. *looks at clock* Yesterday, picking up another GK Termie w/ psycannon, the local Black Shirt responded when I asked him if he'd heard anything about whether the Inquisition codex would be 3 books, 2 books, 1 book.

Anyway, for what it's worth, he said they originally wanted to do three books, but seemed like they decided one book would be easier, and that way everyone could use everything, which was what he was rooting for.

Not sure if it's an actual show of what's going to occur, but thought I'd add it onto our list of 'rumors' :(

GW should be Glad I don't have real money, because I swear that if I did I go to England, fine a pub hire six burly lads from said put and just ambush one of the big wigs at GW and "persade them to talk to me."

I'm sure you could find plenty of 40k players willing to aid for free. Or a pint. You might have better luck pretending to be a share holder though if you plan on talking to a bigwig :)

I don't really care how we get a new codex (though all in one would prevent repetition) - I'm mostly concerned with when we get it! That and a load of tasty new plastic kits of awesome...

I'm with WarriorFish on this one. I really couldn't care what formats they choose over all as long as GW does us proud and gets it out soon!

I guess I am slightly against the idea of Codex: Grey Knights for the simple reason that it would really just be another Space Marine Codex. There are already four-too-many IMO. A fifth and the number of Space Marine codicies would nearly equal the amount of xeno codicies in use.

In concern with the way it will likely go, it's been said that Jervis Johnson denies the notion that GW will go with a single codex. I expect this is because they want to be able to expand on the fluff (quite fashionable with codicies lately) - a single codex just wouldn't leave enough space. Unless GW wants to stop the production of models that are rarely deployed by players in games (or models DH/WH players aren't really as passionate about) - such as inquisitors, arco-flaggents, pentient engines etc, that they'll go with Codex: Ecclesiarchy and Codex: Inquisition. This allows us veteran players to keep all these acquired models in play and allows GW to sell more models.

Codex: Ecclesiarchy also makes sense considering the fuss many SoB players have made at being lumped under the Inquisitorial banner. Sure enough GW must know about this and this would be a logical response to protests.

I am cool with the idea of Two codexes (Inqustion and Ecclesiarchy) and I am even trying to pick up some GK cheap now..why now I don't know but hopefully a small army until the new dex comes out

I am cool with the idea of Two codexes (Inqustion and Ecclesiarchy) and I am even trying to pick up some GK cheap now..why now I don't know but hopefully a small army until the new dex comes out

Alas, if we do not see Deathwatch on the table then we shall instead formally request Deathwatch for Space Hulk Expansion! That's right, power armour and ammo swaps in Space Hulk!

Alas, if we do not see Deathwatch on the table then we shall instead formally request Deathwatch for Space Hulk Expansion! That's right, power armour and ammo swaps in Space Hulk!

I'll second the Deathwatch wish.

My Inquisitor Lord has drifted severely off the Radical DH path and now walks firmly in the Radical Xenos Hunter camp.

Archived