awaiting signus prime novel

ANCIENT FALOR

What is "signus prime"?

Who is it about and where and what time?

i believe he is refering to the sanguinary cluster, where Horus ordered the Blood Angels to prior to the heresy, and they waged war against the combined forces of khorne and slaneesh.

the battle will end with the first known occurance of the black rage, sanguinius himself defeated in combat by a monsterous bloodthirster (which he later fells outside the imperial palace) and the entire cluster abandoned.

WLK

What is "signus prime"?

Who is it about and where and what time?

Signus Prime is the cheif planet of the Signus cluster

At the beggining of the Heresy, Horus deceived the blood angels by ordering them to the system which he claimed was under the control of Xenos tyrants

When they arrivied in the system they immediately came under attack from creatures of the warp, the system and its planets had become demon worlds

They were led into a trap..

Well The novel isn't out yet. I'm just seeing if anyone thinks we'll see it sometime in 2011. 2010 seems like it's maxed out on HH novels. It is a really great part of the heresy. Just like the battle of prospero.

Just that you have the blood angels legion going at it with daemons in a cluster of planets and moons.also it's the first full scale conflict between astrates and Daemons.. Collected Visions gives alot of fluff and great pictures of the war. I think it will make an amazing novel.

• 3 weeks later...

It'll be mentioned in the new Codex, no doubt about that, but i'm almost certain there will be a novel on it.

I mean, as its been said, the first time Astartes engaged Daemons on a level never encountered before, the planets were ruled by the daemons, the people enslaved. The ENTIRE Blood angels Legion descended on it with the idea it was a rebellious system that needed to be brought back into the fold. They got the crap kicked out of them because they had never encountered anything as destructive and wrong as Bloodletters and Daemonettes before.

Then Sanguinius laid the smack down after receiving massive amounts of smack down himself.

BIG fight in the heresy and one of the key points involving Chaos manifesting a Daemon army.

I cant wait for the novel.

If they can write about Raven Guard running around like moles in the tunnels of Istavaan to stay away from World Eaters and NOT write about the Signus wars then i'll give up my faith in the Black Library.

I believe James Swallow said on the BL forums that he wants to write about it in the meantime, but he has another book to finish in the meantime.

Agreed though, it would make a great story! Especially if they go into some depth concerning the relationship between Horus and Sanguinius - did he make any attempt to subvert what had previously been one of his closest brothers, or was he so far gone to Chaos that he just sent him to his doom? :D

Yeah they did mention swallow.not to crazy with his stuff. Black Tide confirms it for me. I'd rather have mcniell or Arron Dembski do it. In a blog Arron showed his understanding of the signus prime war. And it's importance. I mean this is the first time there's an all out daemonic incursion on a whole system. The blood angels not really knowing what they're facing charge head on and it's an epic blood bath. I'd really like to learn about their primarch. We'd get info on the possesed daemon the "Red Angel". imagine all the stuff going on as blood angels clash with daemons through seven hive worlds and fifteen moons with huge industrial complexes.

I would like to get some pre signus action. The ba in the great crusade pacifying worlds then it leading to signus prime. I hope BL gives us something soon. I'll be waiting for the codex just for the fluff.

According to collected visions. Horus sent cultists to the signus cluster . In secret they summoned the daemons. The daemons themselves took over the system. there might have been small elements of other legions. But CV just states daemons vs Blood Angels.

According to collected visions. Horus sent cultists to the signus cluster . In secret they summoned the daemons. The daemons themselves took over the system.

Wow, cultists usually aren't enough by themselves to take over multiple planets. The daemons they can summon are usually too few and too weak. Either they had some powerful sorcerers with them, or the Chaos gods were expending huge amounts of energy aiding the cultists by weakening the walls between the warp and the materium.

To be fair, the Cultists did summon the Daemons right onto 11 Hives filled with millions of people, there also seemed to be no military might with Signus either, least none thats mentioned anyway. You let a bunch of blood letters loose on those type of numbers in cramped and dark spaces like in a hive and you've got a lot of infuence for Khorne there, buckets of blood for the blood god. :P

Yeah it was pretty much a slaughter. Plenty of horrible stuff going on to fuel the daemonic. Then all killing once blood angels arrived. The info in collected visions isn't to specific. Just gets you really interested with what it states. We won't know the juicy details till someone steps up and writes it. Hopefully someone good.

My thoughts exactly brother. Not to mention some pretty good general fluff to go with it. I really recomend people check out CV. It's a milestone in the heresy just like isstavan, prospero, or calth. I was just thinking. The blood angels had to hav been a pretty big legion. To fight and take losses in signus. I mean one daemon took out 500 of the BA vetereans while their primarch lay wounded.Then go on to the siege at the palcace and again take serious losses. And still spawn successors chapters.

Yes but you need to take this in the light of how big the Legions were.. Raven's Flight confirms the Raven Guard to have 80,000 marines, and was considered one of the smaller ones..

500 Marines lost to a Chapter is a catastrophe, Sanguinius could almost afford to lose 500 Marines down the back of the sofa! :P

You misunderstood. I was implying that just one greater daemon killed 500 hundred veterans. Imagine the damage they took fighting a whole system full of them. Sorry if I wasn't explaining it right. if the raven guard were 80,000. Then yes blood angels had to have been over a 100,000.

Ah yes ok I see what you mean :)

I think the daemon involved was one of the 'named' greater entities though - and you have to guess the equal of a Primarch if he managed to beat Sanguinius on that occasion but got tomb-stoned by him outside the gates of Terra.

Archived