IA: Star Wardens

Brother Argent

Sounds like a good plan. One more thing on the issue, though. Don't fall into the all-too-common assumption that everything that happens in the 40k galaxy is compiled in "records" of some sort or another. Many players/readers have a hard time remembering that though they're reading, the characters are not. For them, things are happening. So, though quite the noticeable event, the Administratum would not magically know the details as soon as they occurred. Chapter records, in order to exist as such, must first be written down (which I imagine they would not be in this case). The same goes for every other agency. In other words, the "dark deal" scenario precludes having to cleanse anything. "You don't say anything and I'll help you out." "Okay, so long as you forget I was here."

Here is V2.1 as promised. This will most likely change to V2.2 later today if i can think up some spiffy quotes for each section to add more flavour. I hope I've addressed some of the issues mentioned as well as added some new parts for added character. What do you guys think?

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I checked through these guys. I decided I should since I am oath-bound to help people finish things for the Iron Gauntlet, and since you started the whole competiton it seems only fair that we help you finish it.

I think the Star Wardens are pretty cool, all in all, but what exactly did happen in their early years?

Perhaps a quick few words about the truth in a sidebar (possibly something discovered by one of the inquisitors you aligned yourself with, who decides it's better the Star Wardens don't know) might be a cool feature for the end of the IA.

Also their battle barge is apparently called " The Pride or Iria. " :P

Finally this article is crying out for some headers - possibly half-length ones considering all the sidebars and stuff.

That's all I could find, for now. :D

Thanks Ace. These guys have kinda taken a back slot as I painted one and decided I didn't like the colour scheme (like so many Chapters before...) I also felt that I couldn't really do the whole mysterious background and it not seem forced without openly telling people what happnened, which would ruin the whole point of it. I've actually been working on another (about four actually) Chapter at the moment which I'm thinkng will be the one I decide to enter. Maybe I'll just throw down all the IAs and see where I go. :sweat:

Thanks Ace. These guys have kinda taken a back slot as I painted one and decided I didn't like the colour scheme (like so many Chapters before...) I also felt that I couldn't really do the whole mysterious background and it not seem forced without openly telling people what happnened, which would ruin the whole point of it.

I can run up some alternate colour schemes if you like. I also see what you mean about mystery; it tends to either come out really well or very clumsy, which is why I've steered clear of the whole thing.

I've actually been working on another (about four actually) Chapter at the moment which I'm thinkng will be the one I decide to enter. Maybe I'll just throw down all the IAs and see where I go.

Having done exactly that before, I reccomend picking your favourite of the roughly-four-prototypes and going with that. Concentrating on multiple IAs at the same time makes it harder to perfect any one of them.

Archived