The Iron Gauntlet DIY Challenge - 2010

Brother Argent

Yup, I failed the first one. Came darn close to having something I felt ready to submit, but in the end it just had too many flaws.... Even if I had finished the one I'd been working on, it'd need another two drafts or so before I felt it was ready.

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on what happened with the first Challenge? Keep looking to see if any new articles appear, did we get many pass it at all?

Come to think of it, less than a month left on second and third Challenges, how's everyone getting on with those?

For the Third Challenge I'm currently working on some fluff for my characters and the artwork for them will be starting very soon (I'm excited for that part :))

Still. No idea how I am going to model the characters though!

I'm kinda' in the same boat - busy painting my 1850pt force, working on fluff and artwork for my 2 characters!

Luckliy, I'm on target to meet the deadline!!! (Keeping fingers crossed)

Three articles await decision for the first challenge. Since mine is one of them, I'm trying to avoid making it. However, many of the Lexicanii are busy or otherwise occupied.

The Night Scorpions and Death Heads passed before the deadline. Me and two others are awaiting decision. Everyone else failed.

I failed, but I continue to struggle with achieving the same goal. I figure I was trying to produce an IA worthy of entrance before the challenge, I might as well keep trying. Seems the 2nd and 3rd challenges or kinda at a lull. There hasn't been alot of activity on those threads in a while.

Yeah, I'm just waiting on when the last few articles get shot down or otherwise. Then I'll count peoples comments. As there was so many I thought I'd wait until I heard back so I could watch for those authors, as opposed to focussing on everyones comments.

And as stated 1 month to go on Challenges 2 and 3. The nthe final two Challenges start. Hope people have been getting cracking. I'm on the home stretch with my painting (I've got half a venerable dread, fivce tacticals and a Land Raider Crusader left to paint, then a LOT of basing and touch up) Character ways, haven't atarted. Though I've been thinking over some ideas.

I, Zarnak of the Obsidian Angels accept your second challenge and vow to paint fully and base atleast 500 pts of my Chapter before July 7th. I vow to post two or more WIP updates in the appropriate thread. I will also vow to help my brothers and sisters in the challenge with their vows. May the Emperor curse me if I should fail.

See my signature for a link to Obsidian Angels official thread! :down:

Archived