Land Raider Ares

Asrech

Well Antagonis, I've heard it a few times now, but I still feel humbled and happy each time, thank you :( I hope by the throne that it comes out in a codex soon, that way I can actually start using it in turnaments, and not just friendly games. And I hope that they change the rules to give it a real siege shield, and not just a dozer blade :P

Pirate: The more the merrier brother!

Was supposed to be entering it into tht GB, and had asked a friend of mine to fix the pictures I sent him ( re-size etc since my piece-of-;) laptop doesn't want to accept any programs ) and he said that he had sent the pictures in the 31st, but apparently they got lost in the warp somehow :(

But he'll be sending me the pics, so I might just throw them up here instead of the old ones to see if it adds some quality to it.

• 2 weeks later...

The sword is also from Cities of Death it's originally held by the two statues on the front shield ( and that's why they have no hands ^_^ ). The statues on the sides with the sword point down, in between them, with two small windows under their arms.

The banner over the sword is greenstuff.

Yeah I liked the Dies Irae, but since I have way to many chaos-players as friends I'd never hear the end of it ><

And thanks :jaw:

Thanks mate!

I usually don't have the patience when it isn't metal, since I hate painting plastic ( not sure why, I just get bored after 3 stokes of the brush ). But since I put so much into the conversion of the figg I mentally kicked myself into actually going the extra mile.

And I'm really glad I did because it has opened up a new door for me to take my painting to the next level and actually really try. My Terminatorsare proof of that, stripped and re-painted them after I did the Ares (pics can be found here in the Hall of Honour ).

So just push yourself and try, try and try again, cause the only thing that will make you a better painter is to keep on trying, you might be suprised at how well one can actually do ( heck I'm still suprised that I managed to paint this level, and that's not me trying to brag, quite the opposite ).

Cheers!

The sword is also from Cities of Death it's originally held by the two statues on the front shield ( and that's why they have no hands :blink: ). The statues on the sides with the sword point down, in between them, with two small windows under their arms.

The banner over the sword is greenstuff.

Yeah I liked the Dies Irae, but since I have way to many chaos-players as friends I'd never hear the end of it ><

And thanks :)

Ahh might have to pic up a cities of death box for that.....

Aha very nice job

And i guess that would get annoying.. the only chaos player i know runs around screaming 'Blood for the Blood god!!!' with these funny models with bunny ears well until they eat melta and flamer any way....

I love the CoD walls, they can be used to soo much! A future project that I'm considering and planing how to do is a techmarine dreadnought. I'll be posting a thread soon with some plans, asking for feedback etc. But that will probably be done using some manufactorum parts ( if I can find them back in Sweden, I know I have them somewhere! ).

Yeah roasting and toasting bunny ears is always fun, then again I've always had a softspot for flamers and meltas pretty much no matter what you face.

Cleanse and burn!

• 2 months later...
its a fantastic paintjob and awesome conversion, but dies irae is the name of a chaos titan in "storm of iron"...and as I just read through the rest of the thread I realize someone already brought this up...still amazing work

I see someone went digging through the arcives :D

Thanks you very much my friends, as always it makes me feel very happy and humbled. It is still my favorite piece and it's a constant reminder for me to try to push a little further.

I have it sitting on my work desk right next to me when I re-paint my 1st comp, and whenever I feel like speed-painting, I just take a look at it and sharpen up again!

Starhawks: Yupp I rememberead that pretty much just as I took the pics, but if you look at the bottom of page 1 you'll see pics showing that I changed that to "Redemption" instead :(

Cheers!

Archived