Index Traitoris: The Nephilim

The Nephilim

Spotted a couple of typos.

A schism has been created by Samael between the Brotherhood and the Devadasi

Fleshsmiths are the apothecaries who attend to the warband’s wounded
adding "the" makes it read a little better I think.

Fixed, but not updated. I want to get a little more done before I update again.

Thanks, Reyner.

I'm needing help with a banner. My paintshop skills aren't really great, I have involuntary shakes and it makes painting a chore, let alone mouse-work on the computer. I've got the art sources, I just need a little help making it look better. Any takers?

Re: the fallen SOB thing

The following statement comes from the Codex: Sisters of Battle 2nd edition: "A sign of the Sisters strength is the fact that in their entire history only a single sister, Miriael Sabathiel, has fallen to the lure of Chaos. How Miriael fell is unknown, only that she was turned from the Emperor's light to Slaanesh worship, and now serves as one of the prince of chaos' greatest warriors."

However this is clearly contradicted by the Graphic novel Daemonifuge in which a Sister was seduced by a Navigator (who had been corrupted by a daemonic servant of Slaanesh) and several Sisters were completely corrupted by a Keeper of Secrets, a greater Daemon of Slaanesh. The novel "Cain's Last Stand", It is also stated that an entire Mission of Sisters were seen engaging Imperial forces with Chaos cultists, Cain is also confronted by two sisters under Daemon influence.

From this, it would seem that fallen SOBs is possible.

Good colour scheme. If I had to find a criticism, I think the purple is a bit too light, but that is just taste.

Great Work!

I'm needing help with a banner. My paintshop skills aren't really great, I have involuntary shakes and it makes painting a chore, let alone mouse-work on the computer. I've got the art sources, I just need a little help making it look better. Any takers?

I might be able to take a look for you this week, got a "reading" week off so no Uni yay!

The Homeworld section is a bit short, isn't it?

Perhaps you could add something about the cultures and traditions of the tribes of Naergon, and what sort of effect recruiting rom that population has had on the Nephilim?

I imagine that since they are recruited from ferocious barbarians, the Nephilim would have an aptitude for ferocity in close-quarters. Perhaps you could have it so the barbarian tribes excel at taking prisoners in tribal battles instead, however, a trait that serves the Nephilim well since they can easily take lots of prisoners to please their god. Maybe even conjure up a habit of collecting and using trophy weapons from fallen foes?

Since you mention a love of sonic weapons in the Combat Doctrine, perhaps that could also stem from the homeworld, where the tribesmen create a maddening symphony of brutal percussion on their animal-skin drums before engaging on hunts, or when celebrating victories?

Just an idea, of course, and you don't have to go in that direction if you don't want. ^_^

Ace's Iron Gauntlet Constructive Criticism: - 11/20 ;)

EDIT:

That banner is pretty cool. ;)

Edited by Ace Debonair

I've actually got some outlines on the various Naergoni tribes, but haven't had the time to flesh them out completely yet. I'm imagining a clan-based tribes-system with technology for the tribe being somewhat prevelant, but for them, its on an arcane level. The weather and monsters really influence the tribes the most. I equate a storm in the Eye of Terror close to a magical arcane storm from AD&D.

What do you guys think of the more developed concept for the Devasi? Thanks to Brother-Captain Aleco's work, I'm gonna return them to fallen being led by a fallen sister. Maybe change the story as the part of the convent is "converted". I wish Sisters would come out in plastic. I have so many awesome ideas.

**Edit**

Yes, thank you Reyner. I know this is gonna sound a bit off, but your girlfriend's awesome. ^.^

Edited by The Nephilim

It's fine Neph, she is :lol:. I like the ideas for the tribes, not quite sure of what you mean for the sisters though. Fallen as in ex-Dark Angels?

Iron Gauntlet Challenge 1/20

I've actually got some outlines on the various Naergoni tribes, but haven't had the time to flesh them out completely yet. I'm imagining a clan-based tribes-system with technology for the tribe being somewhat prevelant, but for them, its on an arcane level. The weather and monsters really influence the tribes the most. I equate a storm in the Eye of Terror close to a magical arcane storm from AD&D.

What do you guys think of the more developed concept for the Devasi? Thanks to Brother-Captain Aleco's work, I'm gonna return them to fallen being led by a fallen sister. Maybe change the story as the part of the convent is "converted". I wish Sisters would come out in plastic. I have so many awesome ideas.

**Edit**

Yes, thank you Reyner. I know this is gonna sound a bit off, but your girlfriend's awesome. ^.^

No problem Nephillim. I actually have some fallen SOB in my own Slaanesh army. I would certainly recommend waiting for plastic SOB, as removing the metal work is a :lol: ;) pain in the ass.

I hope you do do something on the Naergoni tribes, I want to hear more! Keep it up!

**Edit**

No problem Nephillim. I actually have some fallen SOB in my own Slaanesh army. I would certainly recommend waiting for plastic SOB, as removing the metal work is a :lol: ;) pain in the ass.

I hope you do do something on the Naergoni tribes, I want to hear more! Keep it up!

Yeah... I have a partially converted Canoness that still needs a lot of work.

Thanks! For the Devasi, well, the backstory for my SOB is that they were part of a convent who turned to chaos after the confessor leading their army was killed by my Champion, Elihael, and his corpse used as a meat puppet by a sorceror. He returns to the convent with the sisters, and corrupts them over time. That is my excuse. Now that you have introduced me to this dremel, well, I think it's time to AA soem Seraphim...

Lol. Meat puppet. That made me chuckle.

That's a good backstory. Huzzah for fallen sisters!

Yes, the dremel is a HUGE time saver. It takes practice, so I'd buy some crap models on ebay, strip them and get used to the dremel.

**EDIT**

And don't use the dremel to hack anything apart you want to save. You loose too much of the model doing that.

Edited by The Nephilim

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I've been working on. Let me know what you all think.

The Naergoni themselves are a resilient people. For countless millennia, the Naergoni have survived in the Eye of Terror. Fighting off mutations, warp predators and the indigenous plant life, the tribes have endured and thrived. The Naergoni themselves have developed a resistance to mutation, but still carry subtle mutations themselves, be it thick hides, powerful musculatures, talon like fingers or cloven feet. Rarely is a child born that mutations are so unstable a spawn is birthed. On such occasions, the child is taken to the edge of Naergon’s great forests and left to die. All of the clans are fierce warriors, but there distinctions between the six clans. Each clan is broken up into several tribes, all loyal to the clan. A Naergoni’s loyalties lie to tribe first, then clan.

Since the arrival of the Nephilm, the Naergoni maintain a wary eye on their reclusive master-protectors. The Nephilim leave the Naergoni to their own devices and rarely intercede in clan matters. The Naergoni enjoy a limited freedom, and in return, provide the Nephilim with slaves and potential recruits. On major holidays, the clans unite for festivities and the Nephilim send a detachment of Fleshsmiths to observe their rituals and combat-trials.

The Môrgwath clan is an all female tribe. All fierce warriors, the women of Môrgwath raid the other clans for suitable males to impregnate the tribe. After the coupling, if a male child is born; the father and the boy are released to return to their clan. If a girl child is born the father is ritually sacrificed to Môr’Gweria’Adaneth, a Keeper of Secrets, the clan’s patron, as the Môrgwath view the birth of a girl as a good omen. The Môrgwath are the only clan known to venture the vast forests of Naergon. The Devadasi recruit almost exclusively from the Môrgwath.

The Mallevain tribe is one of the few tribes with technology. The Mallevain comb Naergon’s ruins for the ancient tech of the once vast civilization that once spanned the entire worlds. The Mallevain tribes live the most comfortably on Naergon having the resources to establish permanent villages, no longer needing to migrate with the seasons. The Mallevain themselves will raid their Naergoni brethren for any technological resources the other clans have uncovered. The patron daemon of the Mallevain is Mal’tad-dal’Silivren. The Dark Adeptus Magi loyal to the Nephilim recruit from Mallevain for their already innate understanding of technology.

The Ârconui clan is the smallest clan on Naergon. The tribes of the Ârconui claim the best territories for themselves and will defend their claims fiercely. The Ârconui are the most pious of all the Naergoni tribes and have established several dark cathedrals to Slaanesh. The Ârconui have no patron daemon, but are able to call upon several greater daemons and lesser daemons in times of need. The Ârconui tame the warp monsters of Naergon for warbeasts and herd animals. The Ârconui travel amongst the other clans the most freely as healers, oracles and shamans. The most proficient of the Ârconui healer-priests are recruited by the Fleshsmiths for the Nephilim.

The Túani clan is boasts the largest warriors on Naergon. Their great feasts and festivals are known to last for weeks on end. The Túani’s warriors are slow, but powerful brutes, clad in heavy armor, wielding massive two-handed glaives. When not at war, the Túani are content to drink, feast and make merry until the seasons change and the tribes are forced to migrate. The patron daemon of the Túani is Túg’Goeol’Uanui. Various commanders of the Nephilim monitor the Túani for potential recruits.

The Avothlê are a dwindling clan on Naergon. The Avothlê are a melancholy set of tribes that long ago lost their will to survive. They are barely able to scratch out a living on the fringes of the other clans, eating scraps and scavenging from their more successful brethren. The rest of the clans detest the Avothlê and attempt to chase the Avothlê off as often as possible. Avo’Ennui’Thling, is the patron daemon of the Avothlê.

The Gûlmyrn are relatively new clan amongst the Naergoni. The Gûlmyrn tribes observe their older clan brethren and seek to ensure their survival on Naergon by absorbing the traditions of all the clans into their own. Almost every single Gûlmyrn tribesman has some type of sorcerous power, be it mundane or complex. Some Gûlmyrn sorcerers form pacts with their patron, Gûl’Myrn’Gollor for even more power. The Nephilim’s Coven recruits many Gûlmyrn sorcerers into their ranks.

Edited by The Nephilim

Cool. :(

Couple of things though.

Each clan is broken up into several tribes, all loyal to the clan. A Naergoni’s loyalties lie to tribe first, then clan.

I'd have thought it would be clan first, since that is the larger, more important group.

The Túani clan is boasts the largest warriors on Naergon. Their great feasts and festivals are known to last for weeks on end. The Túani’s warriors are slow, but powerful brutes, clad in heavy army and wield massive two-handed glaives. When not at war, the Túani are content to drink, feast and make merry until the seasons change and the tribes are forced to migrate. The patron daemon of the Túani is Túg’Goeol’Uanui. Various commanders of the Nephilim monitor the Túani for potential recruits.

Clad in heavy armour (without the 'u' if you're American) and wielding rather than wield.

I'll be honest, I don't think you need to detail the tribes quite this much. Or rather, not all of them. Maybe just mention the names, then explain the stuff about the Môrgwath and the Túani clans. I don't think the others would really add anything to an IA, but I might be wrong on this issue.