Jorre's Blood Angels - The Lord of Death

Jorre

The knee pads and cuirasses look great, but IMHO the CHS shoulder pads are just too thick. Maybe try some from Maxmini or Anvil Industry next time. Caveat, Anvil Industry has only one set of shoulder pads but that one looks good and the Maxmini shoulder pad with the leather straps is not symmetrical. All Maxmini pads (or the arms they are used on) require sanding/removal of material to make them fit properly.

Looking good Jorre! What's the recipe?

Very similar to my old method. However ive been experimenting with glazing. It takes alot longer but seems to produce a better contrast between the light and dark parts of the model.

So far

Black undercoat, dragon red spray over the top not to heavy. Light coat of crimson wash then the glazing of mephiston red and evil suns scarlet and a few select edge highlights witg wild rider red

The knee pads and cuirasses look great, but IMHO the CHS shoulder pads are just too thick. Maybe try some from Maxmini or Anvil Industry next time. Caveat, Anvil Industry has only one set of shoulder pads but that one looks good and the Maxmini shoulder pad with the leather straps is not symmetrical. All Maxmini pads (or the arms they are used on) require sanding/removal of material to make them fit properly.

Thanks for your input Quixus. Ive tried anvils terminator sized shoulders aand didnt like how they fit. I really like the chunky chapter house ones but i will check out maxminis ones thanks

• 3 months later...

So after a short 40k hiatus I am back painting again! The plan was to paint a Orbital Intervention Force before the new tournament season! Now I will be happy to just finish this squad which I am struggling to motivate myself to finish!

To many 40k things atm and not enough time!

gallery_48822_12866_67956.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_3012.jpg

At long Last its done!! Really glad I didn't take any short cuts now that they are finished!

gallery_48822_12866_47815.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_76643.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_6492.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_29191.jpg

gallery_48822_12866_7690.jpg

So 5 more Assault Terminators and I will be able to run an OBI.....But I need a break from these guys before I do the last few. So next project will be 2 squads of Scout Bikers so I can run a 10th company ambush force with my Skyhammer!

I love you for doing this. Now I know that my conversions plans for Knights of Blood with GK helmets on BA bodies looks as awesome as I imagined.  (still no fan of the WoW pauldron aesthetic tho) :D

And yeah the effect on the hammer is really cool. Looks like actual lighting around the hammer instead of the usual glowing hammer!

@ Seb...I Got off to a really good start, before getting destroyed by WA's #1 player. Was a good learning game tho haha!

Not sure how I finished results should be in soon!

@ Jonke... they are old chapterhouse shoulders.. not sure if they are still available! I bought them in 5th ed

Archived