IT: The Unborn

Ferrus Manus

You know I rather like this idea. Almost reminds me of the daemon of tzeentch from the Grey Knights omnibus.....whose goal is one thing in the name of Tzeentch, Tzeentch's actual plan....very different.

The Unborn are working the bring down the Imperium, but one almost wonders what would happen after that.

In terms of recruitment, the Unborn are not as lucky as some of the other, more infamous, heretical Chapters in that they don’t have a homeworld in which to operate from and to use in the training and indoctrination of recruits. Not only this, but the Chapter is unable to have a constant intake of recruits, unlike their loyalist counterparts, mostly because most loyal citizens of the Imperium would rather die than join the Chapter – many have even committed suicide before indoctrination can begin. As such, the Unborn tend to target Penal worlds for their recruits; taking those who have already transgressed against the Imperium, even seizing those who’s mental state is questionable to say the least.

Once captured the recruits are taken aboard The Cradle and are put through severe indoctrination and testing. They are taught to believe that the Imperium is corrupt and that the Chapter’s motives are pure; due to their predicaments pre-capture, many of the intake take little persuading in such matters. The genetic tests they are out through are similar to those used by loyalist Chapters, used to determine the suitability of a recruit to be implanted with the unholy geneseed.

Don't the recruits still have to be children? :P

Could the Unborn not also pretend to be loyal space marines , offering salvation? :lol:

Only on the operating table would the truth become known - much, much too late to do anything about it. :)

I tend to stear clear of all things Traitorous.. Figures given my latest IA I suppose, but this little Loyalist finds something of the Unborn rather... Interesting, something is drawing me in but I cant put my finger on it.

Also, The Unborn sounds like the name of a really creepy horror movie.

The Unborn are working the bring down the Imperium, but one almost wonders what would happen after that.

Sorry Brother_Kaelgrim, didn't see your post. To be honest, I don't think Tzeentch would let them. They could be poised to rip the Emperor from his throne and he would prevent it. After all, that would be the end of their Ambition, and probably that of the Thousand Sons to. Hence, he would be severely weakened. Interesting point though.

Sorry Brother_Kaelgrim, didn't see your post. To be honest, I don't think Tzeentch would let them. They could be poised to rip the Emperor from his throne and he would prevent it. After all, that would be the end of their Ambition, and probably that of the Thousand Sons to. Hence, he would be severely weakened. Interesting point though.

For the Chaos Gods, I think its less about the kill and more about the hunt.

EDIT: On the note about the Penal Worlds, this is grimdark who says they can't be children?

EDIT: On the note about the Penal Worlds, this is grimdark who says they can't be children?

No, it's more about the age of the body and it's ability to accept foreign components.

Here's a few lines from my very WIP Astartes Recruitment article:

The reasoning being that Astartes implants are keyed to the male hormones and must be implanted when the body is still able to accept the said implants. Any older and body will reject the implants and the aspirant will die.

Hope that helps.

No, it's more about the age of the body and it's ability to accept foreign components.

Here's a few lines from my very WIP Astartes Recruitment article:

The reasoning being that Astartes implants are keyed to the male hormones and must be implanted when the body is still able to accept the said implants. Any older and body will reject the implants and the aspirant will die.

Hope that helps.

I am one very confused Brother-Captain. :devil:

I think that the recruits do not have to be kids, but it helps. After all, the Violators CSMs recruit from Imperial Prisons, and Ragnar is at least nineteen. I think its more a 'you don't have to be a kid to work here, but it helps' kinda thing.

So what you're saying is: why can't there be evil children waiting in the prisons for the Unborn to recruit them?

Good question, and I think I have a possible idea for an answer.

Why not have cultists infiltrate places to influence children to commit heinous crimes and get sent to prison just so the Unborn could recruit them a year or two later?

Wheels within wheels - remind me to write an IT at some point. This is good fun. :lol:

So what you're saying is: why can't there be evil children waiting in the prisons for the Unborn to recruit them?

Good question, and I think I have a possible idea for an answer.

Why not have cultists infiltrate places to influence children to commit heinous crimes and get sent to prison just so the Unborn could recruit them a year or two later?

Wheels within wheels - remind me to write an IT at some point. This is good fun. :lol:

See, I have good ideas just for other people!

Archived