E_E's Dark Angels

ellis_esquire

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again all for the inspirational feedback. Glad to get you going again Chapter Master Dave.

Heres deathwing sqad 2. Wind Claw crew. The one on the far right is something of a self portrait :)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9198/squadwindclaw2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry about the edited background - had some issues with backing slippage.

• 2 weeks later...

@Gillyfish - Thank you Mr Fish! The lettering is indeed form the DA transfer set that Forgeworld produces - theres so much good stuff on there its untrue! I need to add some weathering over that just to make it blend a bit better.

@Semper - I intentionally left the command squad (BB & Apoc) till the end to see what I could put into the models without them losing cohesion. Hope Ive achieved this!

@Stobz - Thanks mate. I used to be a lot more subdued but am starting to find the happy ground in between now.

@BCSharp - Good spot - it was originally too tall and I thought to snap it and get some deathwing iconography in one fell swoop!

Very nice standard bearer and I like the colours you chose and the decals. I have an issue getting my decals on smoothly, especially for bumpy surfaces but yours looks very well done. All around great job <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Eggroll.

Now for the two Command Squad upgrades together now that Dr Death is done with!

Apothecary and Banner together - never leave home without them!

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8093/001uyj.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9587/002xmwk.jpg

One more terminator and LR and the 1500 Deathwing army is fully painted!

Great model E_E- Brilliant angry look, dangly chain light and dynamic robes.

Sorry to critique but he doesn't say 'I am an Apothecary' to me. Probably because I can't see any specific tools of the trade in these pics apart from the "juice on his belt. Does he have anything on hand to chop open a neck to remove geneseed?

If you are representing the Narth/Reductor in a different way that is cool, again sorry I'm being a pedantic egg.

BTW: I'm going to 'steal your servo skull placement for some of my DW ;) it looks great.

s

@ Thanks all three - from such good painters further making me blush ;)

@ Stobz: Thanks Stobz for your honest feedback. I know exactly what you mean. However, this was partly my creative choice and part neccesity/practicality. Creatively I dont think the white Apothecary symbology works particualy well over the bone I paint. As for the narthecium I felt the power fist was a nice stand in as well as giving the model a really heroic 'weight' to it. He at least has his search-'light' which I preferred as a lantern; I don't much like the apothecary searchlights on models. This BT piece for me was much more gothic. He also has his fluid cannisters and 2x servo skulls (one forgeworld one with mini flammer thingy and claw gripper thing). I think it just about says "Apothecary" but also gave me the option to use this model as a stand in Belial / future captain for when we get a re-release of proper termie models or i can get a hold of the BT apothecary arm without buying the whole box!

And don't be sorry - I like pedantic critique! Steal away!

@Bevulf - cheers dude!

I totally agree about the white over bone being not needed and the searchlights not looking the best on termies, I appreciate your creative skill and your reasoning makes good sense too.Let the skull do the work ;)

The skull on the base is hard to see in detail (on my screen at least) he undoubtably looks more obvoius IRL.

Just thinking....How about a small red Helix on his shoulderpad? Don't mean to to be presumtious ;)

I brought a whole command squad box just so I could chop up a apo arm to stick onto a chainfist, what a waste of money :P Hopefully I can find use for the other bits B)

s

I'll agree with Stobz, until I read his post I had no idea one of them was an apothecary. The subtle bits are nice but I think he does need something more obvious to mark him as an apothecary. Perhaps a black arm instead of a white arm? I know the SW version of apothecaries are in black so it's not without precedent.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Brother Angels.

Someone requested a group shot a few pages back so here we go. All fifteen Deathwing Warriors, plus Belial and Chaplain, 2 biker and my landspeeder. Ill get a pic of the complete army up soon (greenwing and more ravenwing elements included) Top marks for those who correctly recognise the locale ;)

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4468/img0476d.jpg

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8991/img0471ho.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4149/img0477kk.jpg

Fantastic to see them in their "natural" environment! I like urban/industrial basing myself and this is how I envisage the end result. :lol:

On a seperate note, is the Fortress of Redemption yours? If so can we have a closer look - I'm very interested.

Isiah - you have FB mail. :D

Well done Wolf Priest Haelaeif for spotting correctly first! tsk beaten to it by a wolf brother angels.

Lol @ CaptainAzrael!

Stobz im going to be working on some fallen objective markers very soon!

No Captain Semper - Thats Warhammer Worlds fortress unfortunalty - though will be purchasing it one day!

Yes Mr Kraine Im in Nottingham with my army every month or so as pops lives up there! a convenient stopping point for me! Maybe I can show you them all next time!

Any in particualr Vagabond?

Archived