The Sanguine Heresy: A Teaser and List of Primarchs

Dragonkin Arenis

The Sanguine Heresy

An account of the Heresy of Sanguinius and his Traitors against the Imperium

“I am a God among men…” Sanguinius murmured to nobody in particular, stretching his glorious wings, “I am an Angel of Death…” The giant of a man knelt down to look in the eye of the man before him, the mortal shaking with fear. The Primarch laughed grimly, “I am a Blood Angel!” With that he lunged forwards and bit deep into the man’s neck, letting crimson blood splash onto his tongue, tasting the metallic taste of the man’s memories. He saw carnage. Carnage, death and destruction. He saw giant, looming shapes, the flares and roars of Bolters rang in his ears, deafening and blinding him. He saw a man torn apart with a Marine’s bare hands, thick, crimson blood spurting in the once noble marine’s face. A second backed a woman against a wall and bit deep into his neck. He smelt fear as he saw a giant loom over him, face twisted and deformed, cruel spikes and blood droplet-shaped gems covered his tarnished, bloodstained golden armour, ragged raven-black wings held somewhat nobly from his back. Then he heard the laugh. A sadistic, cruel laugh. he saw the giant figure lunge toward him, elongated fangs flashing in the dim, flickering light of the ship‘s command bridge. He then saw… Nothing…

The Primarch stood as three Blood Angel Space Marines came up behind him, their Mark IV Power Armour caked with still-dripping crimson blood,

“Tell our allies…” he said, wiping crimson blood from his mouth, “The Remembrancers accompanying the Blood Angels Legion are removed from the equation…”

“Yes, My Lord … Shall I order our Allies to send the selected squads to begin the purgation of the heretic Prall’s forces on Isstvan III?”

The Primarch grinned cruelly and nodded, his fangs gleaming occasionally as flares from Bolters it up the chamber. Isstvan III would burn, and along with it any remaining resistance to the Angel’s rule.

The Primarchs Allegiances

The Emperor’s Loyalists

Warmaster Horus - Luna Wolves / Sons of Horus

Roboute Guilliman - Ultramarines

Lion El’Jonson - Dark Angels

Fulgrim - Emperor’s Children

Ferrus Manus - Iron Hands

Angron - World Eaters

Alpharius Omegon - Alpha Legion

Perturabo - Iron Warriors / Siege Lords

Magnus the Red - Thousand Sons

Heracles - Hoplites Vermillion

Sanguinius’ Traitors

Sanguinius - Blood Angels

Rogal Dorn - Imperial Fists / Black Templars – ‘The Great Crusader’

Jagahati Khan - White Scars

Konrad Kurze/Night Haunter - Night Lords

Vulkan - Salamanders

Lorgar - Word Bearers

Leman Russ - Space Wolves – ‘The Red Wolf’

Corax - Raven Guard – ‘The Dust-Primarch’

Mortarion - Death Guard

??? - Blood Ravens (initially, defected after Istvaan Dropsite Massacre and subject to change)

:)

Arenis

Lose the BR and the Hoplites Vermillion. I love it, but half the people on this forum will hate it. Liking the fluff so far. Keep up the good work. Actually, now I come to think of it, the Lost Legions were already lost by the ndtime of the Heresy. Then again, this is YOUR alternate reality...

Lose the BR and the Hoplites Vermillion. I love it, but half the people on this forum will hate it. Liking the fluff so far. Keep up the good work. Actually, now I come to think of it, the Lost Legions were already lost by the ndtime of the Heresy. Then again, this is YOUR alternate reality...

+10

Alternating Legions is fine and can be cool... But adding ones is something of a no-no, especially the Blood Ravens.

Every alternate heresy has Blood Angels drinking blood, but no one seems to notice that the Red Thirst was caused by Sanguinius' death at the hands of Horus. Therefore, Blood Angels can't be vampires during the heresy!

Every alternate heresy has Blood Angels drinking blood, but no one seems to notice that the Red Thirst was caused by Sanguinius' death at the hands of Horus. Therefore, Blood Angels can't be vampires during the heresy!

Whats to say what goes on behind closed doors:)

Thanks for the input, guys! :cuss

Brother-Captain Alecto and Captain Juan Juarez - Thank you for this, I'm quite aware of the aspect of the Lost Legions, but I did say that the Blood Ravens were subject to change, hence the italics... might not include them at all looking at the reactions I recieved... Hoplites Vermillion are staying, though, I'm working on their fluff (expect something very cliche and nooby :cuss ) but they will have a veeeeeeeery tiny part in the Heresy, just like the Ultrasmurfs in the actual one.

Sempronius - I am well aware of the Red Thirst argument, so thank you for reminding me about it - got to change a tiny bit of the stuff i'm writing now :cuss - but edinburger has the right idea :cuss

This is still very WIP, so I'll throw stuff up here now and again to show you guys how the Sanguine Heresy is doing; i'll try to reply to every post someone puts up here, but don't expect me to :cuss

C+C very welcome of course :cuss

Next up (Maybe): Either a Description of 'The Red Wolf' or the Blood Angels Legion!

Arenis

Thanks for the input, guys! :P

Brother-Captain Alecto and Captain Juan Juarez - Thank you for this, I'm quite aware of the aspect of the Lost Legions, but I did say that the Blood Ravens were subject to change, hence the italics... might not include them at all looking at the reactions I recieved... Hoplites Vermillion are staying, though, I'm working on their fluff (expect something very cliche and nooby :wacko: ) but they will have a veeeeeeeery tiny part in the Heresy, just like the Ultrasmurfs in the actual one.

Sempronius - I am well aware of the Red Thirst argument, so thank you for reminding me about it - got to change a tiny bit of the stuff i'm writing now :wallbash: - but edinburger has the right idea ^_^

This is still very WIP, so I'll throw stuff up here now and again to show you guys how the Sanguine Heresy is doing; i'll try to reply to every post someone puts up here, but don't expect me to :P

C+C very welcome of course ;)

Next up (Maybe): Either a Description of 'The Red Wolf' or the Blood Angels Legion!

Arenis

Please don't... For the sake of your health! :P

Hoplites Vermillion may be a wonderful DIY, but don't include them in an alternate heresy.. I beg of you!

In my opinion any alternate has to stand on the merits of fluff that is logical.. Yes i know it's a TOTAL DIY job, but don't just invent Legions... I beg of thee!

EDIT: The Ultramarines didn't actually have a tiny part... They went up against the true formentors of the Heresy in the Word Bearers and were then too far from Terra to intervene.

Personally, my first choice for one of the two Lost Legions would be the Silver Skulls. I'm a bit of a fluff noob when it comes to Space Marines, so excuse me if its known they are NOT one, but they seem suitably Legion-y to me. Also I would personally swap Rogal Dorn and Angron. Dorn's unshakeable resolve seems unlikely to fall to Chaos, whereas I feel Angron would fall for Khorne all too easily, especially alongside Sanguinius.

+10

Alternating Legions is fine and can be cool... But adding ones is something of a no-no, especially the Blood Ravens.

+10 to both.

Personally, my first choice for one of the two Lost Legions would be the Silver Skulls. I'm a bit of a fluff noob when it comes to Space Marines, so excuse me if its known they are NOT one, but they seem suitably Legion-y to me. Also I would personally swap Rogal Dorn and Angron. Dorn's unshakeable resolve seems unlikely to fall to Chaos, whereas I feel Angron would fall for Khorne all too easily, especially alongside Sanguinius.

The Lost Legions are not only lost but also unidentified.

Silver Skulls are a known Ultramarines Successor.

The Silver Skulls are Ultramarines. :woot:

*shakes fist at Ferrus Manus for be a split second quicker*

Silver Skulls are a known Ultramarines Successor.

The Silver Skulls are Ultramarines. :woot:

*shakes fist at Ferrus Manus for be a split second quicker*

*shakes fist for missing the obvious reply*

The Lost Legions are not only lost but also unidentified.

correction 11th legion records are *DELETED* ;) [EDIT] In my heresy at least - HV's were killed off some time before the Heresy and records were terminated of the 11th just before

Captain Muffin I have reasons for my madness is allowing Dorn and Agron to stay as they are... You'll just have to wait and see ;)

Captain Juan Juarez, thank you for your concern - I shall look into the matter *mutters - meddling git* :P

Thank you for your opinions :woot:

Arenis

I think the Lost Legion's Primarchs were very dear to Horus. When they didn't side with him, he killed them, shattered their Legions, and erased all recollection of them from Imperial files. The survivors were integrated into the new chapters.

The Primarchs Allegiances

The Emperor’s Loyalists

Warmaster Horus - Luna Wolves / Sons of Horus

Roboute Guilliman - Ultramarines

Lion El’Jonson - Dark Angels

Fulgrim - Emperor’s Children

Ferrus Manus - Iron Hands

Angron - World Eaters

Alpharius Omegon - Alpha Legion

Perturabo - Iron Warriors / Siege Lords

Magnus the Red - Thousand Sons

Heracles - Hoplites Vermillion

Sanguinius’ Traitors

Sanguinius - Blood Angels

Rogal Dorn - Imperial Fists / Black Templars – ‘The Great Crusader’

Jagahati Khan - White Scars

Konrad Kurze/Night Haunter - Night Lords

Vulkan - Salamanders

Lorgar - Word Bearers

Leman Russ - Space Wolves – ‘The Red Wolf’

Corax - Raven Guard – ‘The Dust-Primarch’

Mortarion - Death Guard

??? - Blood Ravens (initially, defected after Istvaan Dropsite Massacre and subject to change)

As this is an alternate reality of your own doing, i suppose mentioning the 2 missing ones is allowed. However, i personally find it extreamly tacky, and i won't be the only one on the board that thinks that. The reason the Dorian Heresy did so well was that it played to the constraits. This just appears to have you throwing in 2 Legions you designed which in no way will ever be able to match the other Legions in terms of fluffing out. No offense, but it would be like sticking two 8th grade basketball fans in with the Globetrotters. You won't be able expand them enough to make it believable.

Also, this Heresy see's some unnimaginative selections. For example Lorgar, Curze and Mortarion could have gone either way, but instead you have Angron (who was most likely to turn) dumped on the loyalists. Dorn would have never turned, but Mannus might. Vulkan i see no reason for, but Guilliman could have reasons.

Parts seem predictable, such as Lorgar and Mortarion, and others unnrealistic, like Perturabo and Angron. Knowing their stories and their personality, you should really re-evaluate the sides.

I think the Lost Legion's Primarchs were very dear to Horus. When they didn't side with him, he killed them, shattered their Legions, and erased all recollection of them from Imperial files. The survivors were integrated into the new chapters.

Considering they would have been mentioned in the Heresy books, i doubt that.

The 13th Goat - i sort of see where you're coming from, but your choice of sports of which to describe it is lacking somewhat for us English... I think putting Gordon Brown (Or Nick griffin, for those who know who he is :D ) in a boxing ring against Mike Tyson would work better...

Back on topic: I'm not revealling anything, really, but the 11th were erased and the 2nd destroyed... For the Sanguine heresy at least... And what remains is hazy recollections within the archives of the Founding Chapters...

Beef - There is method in my madness, wolf - so settle down and drink some Ale *Rolls an ale keg into the Forum* ;)

Jonas Stromclaw - the taint of Heresy spreads, I see :huh:

Arenis

This looks cool and if its even half as good as Dorn's Heresy it should be awesome because Dorn's Heresy was just brilliant. I eagerly look forward to updates.

Off topic: But would anyone care if I joined in this and created Gulliman's Heresy?

Off topic: But would anyone care if I joined in this and created Gulliman's Heresy?

See, now that makes sense. Gulliman was the one who made his own little empire from the start. If you want to write one up UltimateJake I'll help you do it.

See, now that makes sense. Gulliman was the one who made his own little empire from the start. If you want to write one up UltimateJake I'll help you do it.

Alright thanks. I'll PM you now. If anyone else wants in on this please just PM me.

Why would Russ turn against the EMP, makes no sence. SW and oath breakers are a big no no

I can think of a number of reasons;

1. Russ gets lost in the Warp and bloodlust overcomes them, causing mass bloodshed of those aboard. Russ, horrified that he has become an oath breaker, becomes so self loathing he pledges himself to Chaos, not unlike Perturabo's story.
  2. The Imperium force Fenris to become more "civilised"; basically filling it with Manufactoriums and forcing the residents into Hives. Russ see's this as a betrayle of his people, and begins to see the Emperor as an Oathbreaker.
  3. Russ feels the Emperor abandoned them from the frontline, meanwhile being forced under the constraints of the High Lords and to suffer Remeberancers. Tension between the feral Space Wolves and the Higher classes leads to disputes, and Russ believes that the Emperor has made a mistake impowering Humans over the affairs of Astartes.

Thats just 3 ideas. Anyone is more than welcome to use them, i don't think i have the committment to write 18 (20 in your case) IA.

However if you were open to people pitching in, i may try turn my hand at this. Any particular Legion you'd like me to focus on? Death Guard and Iron Warriors would be preferable.

Archived