Triszin's Wolvie's - desolators, thunder wolves, rune priest hooty

Triszin

Thanks peeps! I didn't like the first pictures I took, because the color balanced and washout cause by the bright yellow... I had to adjust it so it wasn't over correcting

I think I'll do the same styling for the other pack markings.

Makes em really easy to read on the table!

Edited by Triszin

• 2 weeks later...

I cant stop looking at Ginnungagap the Quiet.

He really is some of my best work!

The head was a Pain to file down right but I think I did good!

I'm gonna test a altered paint scheme for the helmets I think.

I want the eyes to look like wolf eyes reflecting light at night. So I have to darken the helm's, but I need to see if I also have to darken the upper 1/3 of the torsos and shoulder pads to see if it works.

Very dark helmet, with a bright yellow to grey white for the lenses.

Also very close to finishing the bloodclaw pack. Another 3 layers of grey, and leather work to do and base them.

Then pictures to judge if I need to add 1 more layer to the black highlights

Edited by Triszin

Its from the space wolves dreadnaught kit.

I cut away the dreadnaught extras and used green stuff to round off the back of the skull.

the arm is from some admech kit, was a random bit I bought off ebay a few years ago

so im working on my wolf gaurd terminators.

* semi truescale using Aggressor Kits and green stuff equivalent.

xK8OxbP.jpg

so im planning on using Palatine shields for my storm shields on the termis

thoughts?

F44STKY.jpg

Oq6SS5e.jpg

and my new Rune priest that will eventually have a jump pack.

v4MMKoo.jpg

I think you’ve definitely for something here. Some of the proportions are right on the cusp of the uncanny like In the waist areas but that’s workable. I’m also not a huge fan of the shields position on CML guy, too front and center I think. Really cool idea though and I have faith in your skills!

I'm not huge on the palantine shield as is in this context, - I personally prefer round, viking-like shields for Space Wolves- but there's certainly a lot of space for runic, or other decorations... I'm looking forward to what you come up with Edited by ranulf the revenant

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Bladeguard look really good, and that Ulrik is the same - it looks like you did a nice knotwork on his Wolf helm?

There's also some cunning fiend lurking in the background with what appears to be an Aggressor's Pack and ammo feed belt, with an auto-bolt rifle who needs to step into the light for a better looksee... :devil:

You have a very interesting style of painting. I like it a lot. Its like a mix between Blanchitsu and Cell Shading. Where you maximize the art theory but blunt the technique which creates a really vibrant scheme. At first the blue fur threw me off but as I scrolled down and caught a quick view of the whole model I realize how the scheme intentional or not creates a contrast that makes the model in whole or parts of it pop out in a why that's really cool. I was just telling myself today I am totally over metallics and I'm about to jump on the total NMM path.

Edit: I know this is a really nerdy take on your scheme lol. I've recently been doing a lot of oil shading and realistic weathering. Its freaking tedious and you style just looks fun

Edited by Debauchery101