Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

fudal78

Hi all, just looking for some advice on researching the Thousand Sons. I quite fancy doing a pre-heresy army using Tigirius as Ahriman and Legion of the Damned and Sternguard as teams of Psyker marines using their special rules to represent some flufy units. LotD as reanimated marines and Sternguard as psykers with the different ammo representing psychic attacks perhaps. Is anyone aware of some fluff I can use to mould around these units?

Very interesting concept, I was pondering upon it too when I looked thru Tigurius in C:SM

I was like, WOAH!, this guy is like the goody version of Ahriman exactly!

I eagerly await your progress on this!

Just to open that can of worms that is Tigurius.... :devil:

He is considered perhaps the second or third most powerful psyker in the Imperium.

Thanks for the replies. I was considering going a little off cannon, modeling the sternguard as robed marines carrying pike-style weapons (similar to Stargate pikes) to keep the egyptian sorcerer theme, calling them something along the lines of "Temple Guard"? I was hoping there would be some fluff written already so I could base it on something firmer. Liking the idea of a sorcerer coven for the LotD as well.

I'll start a thread in the project blogs section when I'm ready to start. Just to whet the appetite, I'm thinkining of using ths model as the base of my Ahriman conversion:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1140230

or possibly:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1100003

What do you think?

Well, for fluff wise, the book A Thousand Sons should be out in the US...this week at GW stores if not already, I know mine is getting it Wednesday. Other than that, the two models you picked do look interesting for an Ahriman conversion. Check and see what he looked like before the Battle of Prospero and then pick what would look good.

Archived